Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francois L-C
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. This is just a thread for fellow Canadians to give updates on the status of their kickstarter. Please no whining, just information of where you are located and what you have as far of information (like if you have received a shipping notification, or if you have receives your game).

According to the last update from the unreliable Nift, Canadian backers' games should have been dispatched last Thursday and Friday. Unsurprisingly, it doesn't seem the case as I have received no shipping notification from them yet (Here near Montreal, QC).

So, to all Canadian backers, where are you all located and do you have received any news (or game!). Please share!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Detsky
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toronto here. Nothing. No game. No tracking email. No response to my two emails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Lachance
Canada
sherbrooke
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
NB, no, and not terribly surprised or worried (yet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Montrealer here.

No package
No tracking info
No response to my email

I suspect that the games haven't even made it to the Canadian disribution center yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guðmundur Skallagrímson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Alberta: No word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Moore
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NL, No contact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M L
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Montrealer here too, nothing received and no answer to the email I sent in response to their weird email without any tracking number. They say they changed their philosophy and way of working when they changed from Ideaspatcher to Nift, but to me they look like they are the same totally crappy company. I wish no other kickstarting company fall for their game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nova Scotia, no tracking, no email, no responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S D
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ottawa here; nothing. Not even any tracking info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the last update (KS Update #32) we should all receive a shipping notification email by the end of the week. So when you receive such an email, please share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cerberus777 wrote:
Ok. This is just a thread for fellow Canadians to give updates on the status of their kickstarter. Please no whining, just information of where you are located and what you have as far of information (like if you have received a shipping notification, or if you have receives your game).

According to the last update from the unreliable Nift, Canadian backers' games should have been dispatched last Thursday and Friday. Unsurprisingly, it doesn't seem the case as I have received no shipping notification from them yet (Here near Montreal, QC).

So, to all Canadian backers, where are you all located and do you have received any news (or game!). Please share!

Perks of being Canadian: so many! (I won't go into details, lest being inappropriate for the forum).

Downsides of being Canadian: still no e-mail with tracking. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexangiraffe wrote:
Perks of being Canadian: so many! (I won't go into details, lest being inappropriate for the forum).

Downsides of being Canadian: still no e-mail with tracking. soblue

Yes. But according to the KS update #32 (important part copied below, bold emphasis is mine), NIFT promised to NSG that all Canadians orders would be sent by the end of the week... but I didn't saw any fellow Canadians report a tracking number yet. But the end of the week is still a few hours away...

Quote:
"For the Canadian shipment, we had a problem during its import with the freight forwarder + a problem with the customs which is solved now + the weight issue. So everything is currently being pick & packed now and everything will be sent by the end of the week. I believe it is still quicker than if we sent everything from the US. We promise that everybody will have its tracking this week."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cerberus777 wrote:
Yes. But according to the KS update #32 (important part copied below, bold emphasis is mine), NIFT promised to NSG that all Canadians orders would be sent by the end of the week... but I didn't saw any fellow Canadians report a tracking number yet. But the end of the week is still a few hours away...

The reason I posted their email word for word is because Ideaspatcher/Nift has rarely provides us information that turns out to be true. It's been putting us in a very difficult spot for the past 3 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
The reason I posted their email word for word is because Ideaspatcher/Nift has rarely provides us information that turns out to be true. It's been putting us in a very difficult spot for the past 3 months.

I know Dominic, and I also know it's not your fault too. The funny thing was for us Canadians to see the difference between your update (where you put their email word for word with the promise that all backers will at least have a shipping notification by the end of this week) and their update to us, where there is absolutely no promise at all about it. Just this:

Quote:
Hi (your name here)
Due to a customs issue during the importation US-CA, your order has been delayed.

But cheer up! The problem is already solved and your order is currently being prepared.

We’ll send a confirmation when your items ships.

If you have any questions, please contact us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, who knows. I wish I had more confidence in the things they say. We've never had anything get held up in Canadian customs for a week. It probably happened, but with the level infrequent and poor information it's difficult to have confidence in anything they tell us. Maybe the customs took an extra 2 days and they're padding the days because of other issues. Maybe not. I just hate being in a position of not knowing what it true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aemilius Korab
msg tools
So has anyone heard anything from NIFT regarding whether they hit their deadline or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NightHawk521 wrote:
So has anyone heard anything from NIFT regarding whether they hit their deadline or not?

I haven't received any email notification from them (ans since no one posted here, I guess no one received anything). So in my book, as they stated to NSG that every Canadian backers will receive a shipping notification by the end of the current week (which is now last week), they didn't, again, met their promises.

EDIT: Typos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
"For the Canadian shipment, we had a problem during its import with the freight forwarder + a problem with the customs which is solved now + the weight issue. [b]So everything is currently being pick & packed now and everything will be sent by the end of the week.

I'm guessing that the weight issue may have been related to the bulk shipment to the retail distributors. Various Canadian online retailers are started showing the game as being in stock as of the end of the week.

So NIFT really did solve the problem. For retailers, not backers. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cerberus777 wrote:
...So in my book, as they stated to NSG that every Canadian backers will receive a shipping notification by the end of the current week (which is now last week), they didn't, again, met their promises.

That's exactly how I feel. angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbhalla wrote:
I'm guessing that the weight issue may have been related to the bulk shipment to the retail distributors. Various Canadian online retailers are started showing the game as being in stock as of the end of the week.

So NIFT really did solve the problem. For retailers, not backers. :shake

I wish they had solved something. NIFT has nothing to do with retail distribution. We're taking care of that with our normal fulfillment company. Unfortunately that company is not set up to do "pick and pack" for residential. They only ship out cartons of 4 - 6 games each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Jansen
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Can I drive the bus?
mbmbmbmbmb
I received an e-mail from Canada Post today. The order number on it was prefixed NSG, so I think my order got shipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctorJ wrote:
I received an e-mail from Canada Post today. The order number on it was prefixed NSG, so I think my order got shipped.

Same here!!! Also with a reference number starting with "NSG-". The package have a label done but not yet pickup by Canada Post but waiting should come to an end soon!

Edit: I then received a Nift email too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Bergeron
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received the email too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brogdon
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
bbhalla wrote:

So NIFT really did solve the problem. For retailers, not backers. :shake

I wish they had solved something. NIFT has nothing to do with retail distribution. We're taking care of that with our normal fulfillment company. Unfortunately that company is not set up to do "pick and pack" for residential.

Apparently neither is Nift
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.