Hide
6 Posts

Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! (second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: lack of open space rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Mooney
msg tools
Enjoy Awakening the Bear very much. Have noticed that for a game portraying attacks in Russia there is a severe lack of open spaces on the board. Where does the game reflect combat on the steppes.
Also just finished a book "Panzer Killers" talks about the Germans using attack formations of 50-60 tanks on a 1 Km front, the game does not allow for that kind of deployment.
Am just curious about what others think.

Patrick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
Kinston
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Storm of Steel expansion may be what you are looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mooney
msg tools
Are there more tanks in this expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Mooney
msg tools
Also this expansion is set at a latter stage in the war. At the start of the war was there not wide open spaces for the Awakening the Bear to set up a scenario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Farrell
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
padraic49 wrote:
Also this expansion is set at a latter stage in the war. At the start of the war was there not wide open spaces for the Awakening the Bear to set up a scenario

Hi Patrick. I found this on the National Geographic site.

Flora & Fauna

Much like its physical regions, Europe's plant and animal communities follow a general north-south orientation. The tundra, found in Iceland and the northern reaches of Scandinavia and Russia, is a treeless region where small mosses, lichens, and ferns grow. Huge herds of reindeer feed on these tiny plants.

The taiga, which stretches across northern Europe just south of the tundra, is composed of coniferous forests, with trees such as pine, spruce, and fir. Moose, bear, and elk are native to the European taiga.

Just south of the taiga is a mixture of coniferous and deciduous trees, including beech, ash, poplar, and willow. Although this area remains heavily forested, the continents forests were drastically reduced as a result of intense urbanization throughout human history. Intense trade introduced many species, which often overtook native plants. The forests and grasslands of western and central Europe have been almost completely domesticated, with crops and livestock dominant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Farrell
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
recon28501 wrote:
The Storm of Steel expansion may be what you are looking.

In reference to your question - Do my microbadges repulse you? My answer would be No and while they are not my thing I admire your consistent world view.

Happy gaming,

Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.