Popular Tags: [View All]
Niclas Matikainen
Sweden
Gävle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had our first game last night.
Five players who had never played Libertalia before. We obviously played like beginners, and somehow never realized that the green player had his gambler alive for a whole campaign, and stuff like that.

One player had some horrible mid-game luck, getting hit by three beggars, and so on, scoring 60-ish points. We had two players at 80 points, and med at 81. And then there was that green player. Who got 129!

I don't think we messed up the rules. Instead, we played like beginners/idiots, alloweing the green player to do all of that.

So, back to the subject question: How much to you typically score in Libertalia?

Oh, by the way, we loved the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
It's so varied because of the card options, but maybe 40s on the low end and 100s on the high end is typical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
It obviously depends heavily on the card draw, but a winning score for us is normally around 70-90. I have only broken 100 once and 129 is possible but freakishly high. I would suggest you were not being mean enough to the green player - it's a really bad idea to try to play this game passively.

Quote:
had his gambler alive for a whole campaign

You did clear out all the played cards after each week, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Matikainen
Sweden
Gävle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. When I wrote campaign, I meant week.
And as you say, we were way to nice to the green player. Everyone else got attacked plenty, but he slipped under the radar all the time somehow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't each week a campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.