Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
As I often do, I thought I was going to be clever but ended up being outsmarted by the system once again.

I am in the camp that Rep Images should be scans of the box cover of games. And when the majority overrules me on a game I own, I then select the best cover shot of the edition I own for that particular game. One game I won doesn't have a pic of the edition I won. So I uploaded it this morning but wasn't surprised when it was rejected: all the "other language" editions were up but not the English one - so it was rejeted for being too similar even though the image doesn't already exist.

My back-up plan was to load it into my Image Gallery. But when I went to select it as my personsal collection rep image, I realized it isn't linked to any game. So my suggestion is this:

Allow personal images in the galleries to be linked to specific games. That way, when an image we like fails to meet the criteria of the masses, it can still be used in our personal collections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andreo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is still possible to link your image manually.

Just add the own:XXXXXX tag to the corresponding game.

I assume you are talking about your taboo image? (own:212925)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
See? outsmarted by the system again. Never thought if tagging it that way but it works. I will keep this in mind for future needs. As it were, a change in description got the picture approved anyway so I can just do it the old fashion way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
samoan_jo wrote:
I think it is still possible to link your image manually.

Just add the own:XXXXXX tag to the corresponding game.

Clever

A bit fiddly, but hey, whatever works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
This is the exact reason why different language editions should be accepted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls