Popular Tags: [View All]
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
When I read the rules for the first time I loved the idea that you could win even if you don't escape with the royal gem.
And that's thematically correct since once the alarm is triggered you need to escape via a certain district as fast as you can while dealing with the guards .
Although it's not mentioned, I would like to ask if negotiation is allowed.
Reading the following situation we came across in our fist game , you will find out why....

Alarm was triggered, but the gem was stolen by the cunning Magpie.
Realising that there was no much time left to deal again with the gem, we headed for the eligible district to find our way out of the city.
Player A, managed to escape on 4th round with one yellow gem in his bag.
Now all he had to do was to sit and watch us, struggling for one more round.
And now this is what happens...
By revealing an event card, we were boosted by +2 in our normal movement which provides 4 spaces (not Dash movement). That was a great way to start the round as I was 7 spots away from "heaven" carrying 1 yellow and 1 green gem! What I needed to win, was a general action card with an elixir of speed or something equivalent .
In same situation was my 3rd fellow thief , with the difference that if he could manage to escape he would won as he was carrying the most precious gem (3VP) plus a yellow gem.
The 4th thief was to be captured by the royals , as he was far away from the proper district.
Me and my fellow thief had a card in our hand that could boost another thief or a guard 2 spots.
That was the card I wanted to be used on me, as well as the other player wanted to be used on him too!!!
The difference was that if that happened the other player would win the game...
So I decided to put some negotiation that both will use our cards on each other and thus I will help him to escape and win the game.
For him that was a fact as he did know the gems I was carrying.
But as a cunning thief (shouldn't I?) I put only one AP on the card leaving me to play that card as a last player.
My friend boosted me and got out of the city, but when my turn came I boosted the 4th player (he had no interested at all) leaving my friend to be caught inside the city!!!!

I don't know If I was eligible to use negotiation in the game, but believe me that was BY FAR the best ending scenario I 've ever came across.
After all the game is not about only to be the best thief towards the royal guards, but to be the best thief among the thieves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
athibor wrote:

For him that was a fact as he did know the gems I was carrying.

Gems are open information.

athibor wrote:

Me and my fellow thief had a card in our hand that could boost another thief or a guard 2 spots.

Cards in hand aren't.

I don't see a point in negotiation in such games at all. Thieves do not negotiate. Thieves are just minding their own business and they couldn't care less about others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but don't tell me that you have never see thieves co-operating and cheating each other at the end.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wydawnictwo Galakta
Poland
Kraków
Małopolskie
flag msg tools
publisher
That was mean and nasty but it came out to be great twist and fantastic ending! The game doesn't forbid talking with each other but you shouldn't show your cards to the other thieves - these are the private tools of trade. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Τhank you so much for the replies!!
So cards are hidden info...
One way or another this game is freakin awsome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wydawnictwo Galakta
Poland
Kraków
Małopolskie
flag msg tools
publisher
We're glad that you like it! We wish you many great, backstabbing sessions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.