$20.00
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I have a confession to make. Dr. Strange is one of my favorite characters from the Marvel Universe and when they announced that a Dr. Strange MCU Movie was coming out all I could think was, don't mes it up... and they didn't Dr. Strange was fantastic!! Go and see it is so good. In honor of the movie I took the idea for this Challenge from the recent Dr. Strange (2015) series. I recommend the series so far it has been great!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Death to all Magic! That was King Hyperion's cry as he came bursting through the dimensional portal with flood of magic destroying drones on his heels. Travelling from multi-verse to multi-verse he has been leaving a trail of bodies of Sorcerers in his wake. He has now caught the attention of Dr. Strange, who has gathers other magic powered individuals, and sometimes Deadpool in order to put an end to the tyrant.

1-Player
Expansions you will need to play: Secret Wars Vol. 1 and 2, Civil War, Dark City
Scheme: Building an Army of Annihilation
Mastermind: King Hyperion
Henchmen: MODOKs
Villain(s): Four Horsemen, Thunderbolts
Heroes: Dr. Strange, Magik, Soul-Sword Colossus
Special: Use the Mandroids for the Scheme. I also highly recommend seeding the schemes so that they don't show up one after another. I shuffled everything together then seeded the schemes then cut the deck 7 times.

2-Players
Expansions you will need to play: Secret Wars Vol. 1 and 2, Civil War, Dark City, Deadpool
Scheme: Building an Army of Annihilation
Mastermind: King Hyperion
Henchmen: MODOKs
Villain(s): Four Horsemen, Thunderbolts, Utopolis
Heroes: Dr. Strange, Magik, Soul-Sword Colossus, Deadpool (Either Version), Dr. Punisher
Special: Use the Mandroids for the Scheme. I also highly recommend seeding the schemes so that they don't show up one after another. I shuffled everything together then seeded the schemes then cut the deck 7 times.

3-Players
Added Villain(s): Masters of Evil

4-Players
Added Villain(s): Masters of Evil
Added Henchmen: Doom Bots

5-Players
Added Villain(s): Masters of Evil, Marauders
Added Henchmen: Doom Bots
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo

MuffinB
Game 1: Good Won!
Player 1: 35

3-Players

SABird
Game 1: Evil Won!

Usuba
Game 1: Evil Won!
Game 2: Evil Won!
Game 3: Good Won!
Player 1: 33
Player 2: 46
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Aw man...I JUST played 3 games and put everything away, and set up a different game. This will have to wait until tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muffin B
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So... It's been nearly a full year since my last "Weekly Challenge" - Last one I tried was All New Weekly Challenge Issue #27 "Master of Illusions" on November 29, 2015... whistle

Sorry Jacob for that long break, I used to be disciplined player of your challenges... I'm glad and impressed that you've been keeping up with them for so long! I'll try to keep up this time!

Anyway, I did quit on a losing streak last year yuk, but I got that fixed yesterday!

MuffinB:
Game 1 (Advance solo): 35

I don't think it's a good score, since my game did not go as planned... Those new Special Sidekicks really slow down the old Magik+Dr.Strange combo of Pre-Civil War. But in any event, a win is a win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Back Muffin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suicu Azul
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Was it intentional having an extra villain group? 2-players usually have 2 villain groups.

Also thanks for making the weekly challenges, have been playing them happily for a long time now, just usually lurking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
suicuazul wrote:
Was it intentional having an extra villain group? 2-players usually have 2 villain groups.

Also thanks for making the weekly challenges, have been playing them happily for a long time now, just usually lurking

Yes it is intentional. I found it too difficult without the additional group and thus making it a little too frustrating to beat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three Players
Evil Won!

Oh, this was so close! We had taken three of Hyperion's tactic cards (and hit him twice in the city). We made a tactical error near the end of fighting Death rather than Nighthawk who then became a second extra Twist when Whizzer entered the city and charged three spaces. We still had three Mandroids next to Hyperion, and the Twist stack contained five Twists and now two Nighthawks, adding seven Mandroids to the previous three, making ten. Aaaargh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 players

Evil won!
Deadpool (M4$) used

Eleven/// so often! Dr Strange Ice Magic always seemed to turn a twist or Master Strike. And Dr Punisher's rare always sat amongst a hand of recruit.
Poor coordination between players, next time one player only will recruit Soulsword Colossus and the other gather Tech heroes.

The final two twists were the last two cards, the win seemed out of reach long before then. I hope to try this one again, but with so many Challenges to catch up on it might be a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question, I'm on my second game and have a Huge question as I'm running out of cards for my hand.

In the text of the Mandroid cards it says : Fight KO one of your heroes

Do we do this each time we clear them? Because maybe I didn't do this in the first game, but in this one I can't recruit fast enough. After 5 Twists I've KO'd 15 heroes just with Mandroids, then there are the few via M.O.D.O.K.S and from many of the villains, I've reached a point now where I can't fight any more.

In desperation

S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, every time you fight them. Many times it's ok to let some things go without fighting them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:
Quick question, I'm on my second game and have a Huge question as I'm running out of cards for my hand.

In the text of the Mandroid cards it says : Fight KO one of your heroes

Do we do this each time we clear them? Because maybe I didn't do this in the first game, but in this one I can't recruit fast enough. After 5 Twists I've KO'd 15 heroes just with Mandroids, then there are the few via M.O.D.O.K.S and from many of the villains, I've reached a point now where I can't fight any more.

In desperation

S

Evil won the second game (quoted) due to my obvious extremely poor tactics and any lack of strategy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game 3

Good wins!

Two player, Final Blow

P1 33
P2 46

Deadpool Rage! is fuming, "King Hyperion was defeated before I was played, I mean, I just busted Wolverine for nothing?!?"

The seventh twist turned over on the last players turn.
Stats for interest,
14 villain cards remained in the deck inc, 2 twists, 4 Master Strikes
9 Villains escaped
21 starting cards were KO'd
15 Heroes were also KO'd

P1's deck of 13 cards, inc 1 wound, 1 Maria Hill, 1 Sidekick
P2's deck of 16 cards, inc 1 wound, 3 starting cards, 2 rare

Once again, thanks for a wonderful challenge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.