Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For my prototype, I've designed a board with 18 height and 27 width to be printed at game crafter. But, now that I've created the entire board design, when I go to export a PNG, it says 18x27 is actually 8100x5400 pixels (300dpi) while Game crafter requires 8175x5475 pixels(300dpi). I cannot for the life of me adjust the dimensions to be 8175x5475 (300dpi) while sitting in an 18x27 grid. How do I solve this? I'm very junior at design and any help is appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guy
Wallis and Futuna
Grand Bois Du Nord
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it must be 300dpi and they want 8175 x 5475, then they don't want an 18" x 27" image. Apparently they are looking for an 18.25" x 27.25" image. If you can add a 1/8" margin around the entire image, it should be perfect.

The only other trick would be to print your image at 297dpi (actually 297.25) which would get you just over 18.25" x 27.25."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The eighth inch border is the bleed. They print 18.25" x 27.25" but cut to 18"x27". It allows you to have printing which goes right up the edge even if the cut drifts a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pmagnus wrote:
The eighth inch border is the bleed. They print 18.25" x 27.25" but cut to 18"x27". It allows you to have printing which goes right up the edge even if the cut drifts a little.

Ahhh, that makes sense. Will give that a go and upload it to their site to see what happens.

THANK YOU everyone for your help. Spent hours last night trying to understand if there was something I didn't understand mathematically with DPI and sizing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.