Subject: "Intro" scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Hicks
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
So the rule book says to start with Book 1 Battle 1. The setup picture in the rule book does not represent that battle (which is fine, I assume it is just a generic set up picture) but then on page 6 part 6 it says the hero skill modification is only -1 for the intro battle but in the adventure comic it says -2 for the same battle. Anyone know which one is correct? If it is -2 any suggestions on witch special move cards to use (since the rule book shows examples for -1). I will be showing this game off tonight and I just want it to make a great impression! I am so pumped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
APChaos2501 wrote:
So the rule book says to start with Book 1 Battle 1. The setup picture in the rule book does not represent that battle (which is fine, I assume it is just a generic set up picture) but then on page 6 part 6 it says the hero skill modification is only -1 for the intro battle but in the adventure comic it says -2 for the same battle. Anyone know which one is correct? If it is -2 any suggestions on witch special move cards to use (since the rule book shows examples for -1). I will be showing this game off tonight and I just want it to make a great impression! I am so pumped!

I just went with -1, since it's a learning game. Since you'll probably be playing the villains, the worst that happens is you lose, after all. And most people have a better first impression when they win, so, can't really hurt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hicks
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
That's exactly what I was thinking! I would like the players to have a variety of special Move cards for their first game too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hicks
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
One more question, can you use focus tokens at anytime to reroll action dice? Or only at the start of a round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
APChaos2501 wrote:
One more question, can you use focus tokens at anytime to reroll dice? Or only at the start of a round?

You can only reroll Action dice at the start of a round. But you can use Focus to reroll attack or defense dice when you roll them. But you have to make the decision right away (attacker has to choose to reroll before defender rolls at all).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turtle Freak
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was said elsewhere that the -2 is correct. They originally planned on having a different scenario as the intro which is why the manual doesn't match up.

As for tips for which cards to take, I'd suggest using cards that let you attack multiple minions. None of the thugs are particularly tough, but you need to dispatch them quickly in order to catch up with the brawlers on the far side who are the most likely to escape. Keep two turtles in the alleyway to prevent the gunners from slipping past, and use the other two to slow down the brawlers since they'll have to spend extra movement to break away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
max LaChance
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
-2 doesn't fit with the suggested starting cards.

Also, it would result in Mikey getting no cards. That doesn't quite seem right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Here is the official answer:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1512863265677133?view=permalin...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
max LaChance
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
PRSthruVOX wrote:

So either Mikey and Raph have reversed Skill values, or mine are misprinted.

Otherwise, that's basically a completely different scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had this exact question. Thanks for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
titanmatrix wrote:
PRSthruVOX wrote:

So either Mikey and Raph have reversed Skill values, or mine are misprinted.

Otherwise, that's basically a completely different scenario.

Mikey has skill of 3; Raph has skill of 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
APChaos2501 wrote:

The Rule Book is a Scenario all on its own. The Book 1 Battle 1 scenario is different. you dont use rules on setup in the mail rule book with the set-up for the first on in BOOK 1 BATTLE 1.

So, use the -1 skill (for the heroes)for the rule book scenario with the villian card setup that they show (see pic for stacks to use + regroup = 25 cards)... and use the -2 skill (for the heroes)for the Book1 Battle1 scenario with the villian card setup that they show... (lines underneth the pics)+regroup (25 cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curfew wrote:
APChaos2501 wrote:

The Rule Book is a Scenario all on its own. The Book 1 Battle 1 scenario is different. you dont use rules on setup in the mail rule book with the set-up for the first on in BOOK 1 BATTLE 1.

So, use the -1 skill (for the heroes)for the rule book scenario with the villian card setup that they show (see pic for stacks to use + regroup = 25 cards)... and use the -2 skill (for the heroes)for the Book1 Battle1 scenario with the villian card setup that they show... (lines underneth the pics)+regroup (25 cards)

There's a scenario in the rulebook? Don't remember seeing that at all. Pretty sure I would have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's not a scenario, but an example setup. Though it certainly looks like a much better intro scenario than book1,battle1! The problems are:

- No Goal
- No spawn area identified
- There are only 20 villain cards shown. What are the other 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
oh! I knew I saw this somewhere before! The intro scenario is completely described in the first KS gameplay video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hidalgo
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It does not seem to me that the scenario was totally explained in the video : how much footclan soldiers have we got in the reserve? How much can we spawn at the end of the round?? I am frustrated by not being able to play it.

I cannot understand why this intro game does not appear in the game any more. Book 4 battle 1 has the same name (the trap is set), but it is not the same. So weird to me. Can someone please explain why? I have imagined playing this battle for months... Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
hidalgotho wrote:
It does not seem to me that the scenario was totally explained in the video : how much footclan soldiers have we got in the reserve? How much can we spawn at the end of the round?? I am frustrated by not being able to play it.

I cannot understand why this intro game does not appear in the game any more. Book 4 battle 1 has the same name (the trap is set), but it is not the same. So weird to me. Can someone please explain why? I have imagined playing this battle for months... Thanks

There's no reason you can't play that scenario. Everything you need to play it is in the box.

As for reserve, it looks like there aren't any in the pool. You always spawn half of the minions in the pool rounded up. The remember you can spend focus to add foot ninjas to your pool and spawn one each turn. So unless you spend focus to get more you have to wait until the turtles KO some of the foot clan ninjas in order to spawn more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
That was the first scenario I designed so that IDW would have something to show off quickly, and it was built around which minis were sculpted first. Ultimately, it didn't fit into the arc of the comics I was making, so it got cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hidalgo
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You are right, Delthos.
Thank you so much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.