Kyle Cisco
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you guys think the chances we might see some expansions for the game example like clone wars expansion or first order something along these lines. This is on of my favorite games to play and would love to see them add to it what are your thoughts and hopes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This really shouldn't have been in the News section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Aachen
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InkSplat wrote:
This really shouldn't have been in the News section.

Or in any other section for that matter.
As it has been discussed in great lengths in several threads shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
At least he included multiple question marks in the subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they do expand it also, and Don't worry about asking the question again, some on here can't resist pointing out a questions been asked before. Really if it's been asked before why bother reading this thread? The poor persons just trying to start a conversation.
I hope they include some sort of shield generator, to protect the death star under construction.
And I hope they included some more original trilogy ships, nebulon b frigate, b wings , tie bombers, and maybe interdictor cruisers to stop rapid mobilisation a bit ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Cisco
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that's along the same lines as what i have been hoping for and as far as other people it was an honest mistake but the people have to point out every mistake to make sure they get their two cents in. But in any case I am truly hoping for FFG to make some awesome expansions. Perhaps now Ill check out the other threads mentioned above and see whats there as well. And I appreciate your understanding regarding this misunderstanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the multiple threads of whether the combat mechanic is good or if the Rebels or Empire is too OP...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Cisco
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
true I almost forgot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChromiumAgeCollector wrote:
Don't forget the multiple threads of whether the combat mechanic is good or if the Rebels or Empire is too OP...

I think the Rebels AND the Empire are totally OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Aachen
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acehawkster1973 wrote:
I hope they do expand it also, and Don't worry about asking the question again, some on here can't resist pointing out a questions been asked before. Really if it's been asked before why bother reading this thread? The poor persons just trying to start a conversation.

The problem is not in people being interested in the possibility of an expansion but in the reposting.
Every time a thread with the same content is posted you get less interesting answers just because people are not reposting their thoughts.

In my opinion it would be more beneficial for you to add your thoughts in another thread rather than starting a new thread with the same topic to get some more input and benefit from other people's thoughts.
What would you want in an expansion?
What I hope for in an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow famous line from a popular disney film springs to mind, let it go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Blitz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acehawkster1973 wrote:
Wow famous line from a popular disney film springs to mind, let it go

Sorry, there are multiple other threads that use the word "from".whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
*insert rules question that has been answered several times previously here*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well there are plenty of things to expand upon. but here are some general categories.

UnitsEasiest thing to come up with is new units. I already made a post of my ideas for new units from Rebel Commandos to Imperial Raider in the Death Star Shield Generator thread so I wont post it again here. I might make a new thread instead.

Map You could add in a board extension (also a time extension for Imperials. Maybe even add in a Rebel Rendezvous location. A place that Rebels can pull from the map or rebel base then go into a rebel occupied place. Something that allows for Rebels to leave the base without revealing it so players won't turtle up the Rebel base so much. Downside is that it would take an extra turn.

Leaders This is a no brainier. You could even add in a third color besides space and planet for making a 3 on 3 game.

other mechanics
You could add in something like a Hidden Imperial Base. Much like a probe droid deck only in this case is it a Bothan Spy deck? Imperials won't lose the game but it could give them options like a free deathstar or something. just an idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Marinealver wrote:
Well there are plenty of things to expand upon. but here are some general categories.

UnitsEasiest thing to come up with is new units. I already made a post of my ideas for new units from Rebel Commandos to Imperial Raider in the Death Star Shield Generator thread so I wont post it again here. I might make a new thread instead.

Map You could add in a board extension (also a time extension for Imperials. Maybe even add in a Rebel Rendezvous location. A place that Rebels can pull from the map or rebel base then go into a rebel occupied place. Something that allows for Rebels to leave the base without revealing it so players won't turtle up the Rebel base so much. Downside is that it would take an extra turn.

Leaders This is a no brainier. You could even add in a third color besides space and planet for making a 3 on 3 game.

other mechanics
You could add in something like a Hidden Imperial Base. Much like a probe droid deck only in this case is it a Bothan Spy deck? Imperials won't lose the game but it could give them options like a free deathstar or something. just an idea.

Adding new units would actually be one of the hardest thing to add I think as the unit balance is really good right now and covers all the necessary roles. Given the scale of this game it doesn't make sense to get overly specific in unit types.

Extending the board size and lengthening the game also feels like a really bad idea. The game length feels good right now and the board covers all the major regions. Honestly the only planets that could reasonably be added are ones that are already present in systems on the board. Which is fine. Each system is large area covering multiple planets.

Do you really think rebels turtling is a real problem right now? Not from what I've seen. But I know it's certainly one of the legitimate strategies.

More leaders would be great. Only a few. Maybe 2 for each side. Not sure the game needs a 3 on 3 mode though.

The rebels investigating imperial secrets is already handled by the game in the form of objectives. Each objective represents a weakness located in the empire that they can exploit or a discovery of support they can mobilize. A "destroy secret empire base" certainly could be a new objective but adding new objectives I think could break the game.

Biggest thing I think they should add are more missions and more projects. That's one area I think the game could benefit from. Maybe a good 10 per side and maybe 2 new projects. Don't want to dilute the project deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.