Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok. I'm entertaining this game. I don't think I can get the second tier of the Conflict box since this game is pretty pricey and I already have KD:M and Dark Souls Board Game to get. Bummer because some of them are pretty cool.

With the faction box, I get to choose one of the main ones and 2 stretch goals include 2 factions (Darkness and Lord of Terror). So I get a total of 3 factions for $55? Is this correct? I can have a game with just the faction box tier, right? Why is the Prime Shadow monster an add on? Shouldn't you get him with the Darkness Stretch goal?

Is the terrain necessary? How about the bosses? They both seem to add up even to get one of each. Are the maps different for each faction in terms of artwork (is there anything else besides models, tokens, and cards for the faction boxes that are different?).

The scenario book is the campaign.

Thanks if anyone could answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Did some research on my own and it seems like the Darkness is against the game and the Bell crow is "boss" of that game. That's cool. Unfortunately. Not another playable faction, unless someone wants to correct me. I think I would have to get the conflict box, which I think I won't be able to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
Athens
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The stretch goals will make the Darkness a playable faction for a player, but the Darkness will also be an AI for solo mode. The Prime Shadow monster was an early backer exclusive that they made available as an add-on.

The terrain is not necessary. It will offer only minimal differences in gameplay. The terrain and boss expansions are in resin and are intended more for hobbyists who want to model and paint. They have the full-color cardboard standees available for much, much cheaper if you're interested in picking up any bosses or terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
SuperMike3288 wrote:
The stretch goals will make the Darkness a playable faction for a player, but the Darkness will also be an AI for solo mode. The Prime Shadow monster was an early backer exclusive that they made available as an add-on.

The terrain is not necessary. It will offer only minimal differences in gameplay. The terrain and boss expansions are in resin and are intended more for hobbyists who want to model and paint. They have the full-color cardboard standees available for much, much cheaper if you're interested in picking up any bosses or terrain.

Ok. I just read the last update. So if I back the faction level. I'll get two playable factions (1 being an AI controlled as well). I guess the bells isn't a boss model in size like the other bosses that are £60 nor operates as such. So there isn't a free big boss. Ok. I'm starting to piece this together.

Eh, this makes the faction pledge more enticing at least. $55 for two playable factions isn't bad actually.

However if this is a playable faction, and the prime shadow monster is an add-on...how does that factor into it being a playable faction. I assume I don't need it to have a equal set to the faction I end up getting?

Edit: Eh...they haven't unlocked the playable faction. No go I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gringe Commander
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
THe prime shadow was free in the first 24hrs
No its a small £8 add-on.
The bigger boxes are better value. You now get 4 playable armies (3+darkness) for £85 with a conflict box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.