Roll for the Galaxy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two questions about Roll for the Galaxy rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When you Roll Are you Then allowed to use Any White worker dice to open Any given "phase"? in youtube clips they Are showing that you could do this "action" i Think if that is possible Why Then Roll the same symbol to unlock a specific phase if Any White dice Can do that anyway?

And how exactly Are the purple dice working? I understand that the purple dice Are a "joker" in wich Way Are the purple dice used AS a joker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dennis,

When you roll your dice you may use a single die of any symbol and any color to select an action. This means you can place 1 die on the action you wish to preform even if the symbol does not match the action, but any dice you place beneath your action must match the selected action (not the die you placed on it).

For example, let's say you want to take the develop action, you roll two explorers, two developers and a settle. You could place your settle die on the develop action, then place your two developer dice beneath that. You would then have 3 developers (the settle you used to select the action, and the two develop dice you placed beneath it). You would then be able to settle a 3 cost development in your construction zone.

The purple dice count as wilds only when they are used for shipping or producing. When you produce you would place one of your producer dice on a tile of your choice. If the die matches the tile color (i.e. blue die on a blue world) you will get more points when you ship. You can use any color for shipping or producing- they don't have to match- but you get more points for matching more colors. So if you then use a blue die to ship your blue good on your blue world and take a consume sub-action you would get a total of 3 victory points. Now take the same situation, but say you ship with a purple die instead of a blue die: you will still receive 3 points because the purple, being a wild, would count as a blue.

I hope that makes sense. The game seems overwhelming at first but once you get the hang of it it is quite easy, you just have to stick with it! It's lots of fun, trust me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the explenation so i Can also produce a purple dice to Feks. A Brown World Then the purple dice Will act Like a Brown dice Then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Only for the Ship: Consume action. A purple die is a purple die, NOT a copy of a brown die.

Don't think of purple dice as "wild" or "joker" dice; think of them as *matching* any non-gray world for the Ship: Consume action, either as the shipper die or the good being shipped from that world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
Only for the Ship: Consume action. A purple die is a purple die, NOT a copy of a brown die.

Don't think of purple dice as "wild" or "joker" dice; think of them as *matching* any non-gray world for the Ship: Consume action, either as the shipper die or the good being shipped from that world.

So if a development tile said (I don't have my game here, so I'm guessing), for example, "receive 1$ for each blue dice you have in a blue planet" and you have a purple dice in a blue planet, you are not receiving the 1$. Is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edugon wrote:
Tom Lehmann wrote:

So if a development tile said (I don't have my game here, so I'm guessing), for example, "receive 1$ for each blue dice you have in a blue planet" and you have a purple dice in a blue planet, you are not receiving the 1$. Is that right?

Do you PerHaps mEan sOmetHing Along the lines Of "for eVery blue Die in your cItenzry"? No, a purple Die WouLd not apPly here. As Tom said, a PurplE die is OnlY wild dUrinG shipPing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
edugon wrote:

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.