Subject: abandoning an area question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When on your turn can you leave an area? at the end/redeployment phase? can i then leave areas and beef up my defense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the beginning of your turn. So no, you cannot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh alright so if i round 1 conquer 4 areas, I can at the start of round 2 choose to abandon a few of them and conquer new ones using the armies I took from the now abandoned areas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nelag_macdahmer wrote:
oh alright so if i round 1 conquer 4 areas, I can at the start of round 2 choose to abandon a few of them and conquer new ones using the armies I took from the now abandoned areas?

Yep!

And if you choose to abandon all of them, you then have to start attacking from a border/sea again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
splatteredbits wrote:
You can abandon any/all/no region at the beginning of your turn and at the end during redeployment.

NO
you are NOT allowed to abandon regions at the end of your turn. During redeployment, you MUST leave at least 1 token per region. The only exception is with Amazons if you don't have 4 other tokens to remove
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you guys, this made playing a lot more fun zombie

first time we played it we didnt know about this rule so we went into decline like 3 times on a 3 player game because we thought "well, im out of troops so...decline"

didn't go into decline once with my fireball giants tonight cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nelag_macdahmer wrote:
thank you guys, this made playing a lot more fun zombie

first time we played it we didnt know about this rule so we went into decline like 3 times on a 3 player game because we thought "well, im out of troops so...decline"

didn't go into decline once with my fireball giants tonight cool

actually, 3 declines sounds pretty normal. Never declining is fairly rare. Abandoning regions is not usually in your best interest either. For marauding orcs or rampaging skeletons it makes sense. But for races that don't specifically benefit from attacking occupied regions, abandoning regions isn't worth it. It takes 1 token to hold a region and score 1 point. It takes 2 to take a new (unoccupied) region. Even with a -1 attack bonus, it still costs 1, which is still no benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah I think we played it wrong again. don't have the rule book here but if you invade an enemy territory occupied with only 1 token that token dies? for some reason we played it as that token went back into the hand. you only discarded 1 token if you had more than 1 token in the territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nelag_macdahmer wrote:
yeah I think we played it wrong again. don't have the rule book here but if you invade an enemy territory occupied with only 1 token that token dies? for some reason we played it as that token went back into the hand. you only discarded 1 token if you had more than 1 token in the territory.

One token will always die when conquered unless an ability prevents it (e.g. damn Elves).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boucher
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC in one of expansions (Dames one I think) there's one race where you have to abandon all regions except for one.

Otherwise, I understand that generally you are better off not abandoning a region. Except perhaps if in Underworld you want extra units to try seize a relic or special place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nelag_macdahmer wrote:

oh right so say I have 5 territories with 1 token each on them, an enemy comes in and take over all of them then I get 0 tokens back on my hand and those 5 are permanently out? unless it's elves.

3rd time is the charm I guess for getting the rules right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nelag_macdahmer wrote:
nelag_macdahmer wrote:

oh right so say I have 5 territories with 1 token each on them, an enemy comes in and take over all of them then I get 0 tokens back on my hand and those 5 are permanently out? unless it's elves.

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend watching a how to play video

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.