$60.00
$20.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Suburbia Inc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Correct setup (stacks + market) for equal turns to bonus / challenge tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tero Huomo
Finland
flag msg tools
After some plays of Suburbia Inc I've concluded I'm doing something wrong, since it seems that players haven't had equal turns before bonus/challenge tiles are checked.

Eg. If I'm playing with 4 players, I get the next stack sizes:

A: 22
B: 20
C: 12 + 13 (One more tile) + 4 = 27

..now I get top 7 tiles from stack A, and put them in market.

Which leaves stack A 15 tiles... Which means the stack is depleted after everyone but the last player has had 4 rounds. So one player has had fewer rounds to complete bonus tile?

Okay, so maybe the bonus tile was supposed to come along when you need the first tile from B stack, not when A depletes... but then the Challenge tile comes into play too early. B stack with 20 tiles / 4 = 5, which would allow 5 full turns for everyone, but not if the Challenge will not be checked when B stack depletes.

With 3 players, the amounts are 18, 15, 22). The same thing happens if I put 7 tiles to market, 11 / 3 = 3,6666...

I was thinking that maybe I've gotten the market setup all wrong, and I should take 7 MORE A-tiles, not from the stack I just made. That would fix both 2 and 3 player game, since eg. for three players 15 / 3 = 5 and 18 / 3 = 6, but the 4 player A stack is still wrong (22 / 4 = 5,5).

Where do I fail? For three players, how many turns each player should have had before Bonus tile and before challenge tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rothfuss
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bonus tile comes into play when it is time to draw the first tile from B which, as you observed, results in an equal number of turns. I'm not sure why you think that would then prevent the second round and challenge tile from working out evenly. Just set the math aside for a moment and try a dummy round out for yourself. Hopefully you will see it does work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tero Huomo
Finland
flag msg tools
Okay, it seems that I have failed by checking the bonus/challenge tile too early (as soon as stack depletes), and then got confused. Doing the example on paper helped, and it seems it goes right if the tiles are checked when new tile is needed from stack B/C.

I thought I have done that too, but maybe something else has gone wrong then (miscounted stacks or failed to discard one tile after buying border/basic tile). modest

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.