Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: The Alliance against John Lexington, raider, tyrant, false emperor! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian McFarland
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Let it here be known, Demrala Rood of the Green, Lucretia D'Appolo of the Red, and Saladin of the Grey do declare

We do this day agreed to work in concert to put an end to the false reign and corrupt leadership of John Lexington of the Blue.

With what we know of this world, we shall work in concert to prevent and stop his terrible raiding, capturing of colonies and bad governorship.

Working together, we can overcome his large gains of glory, that he has achieved in unglorious ways!

So proclaimed this day and for evermore!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
]Lexington with his raid upgrades was easily able to capture Ker and has a large lead because of raiding. So,in an effort to basically prevent his inevitable win, we have agreed to work together and not move forward with any unlock boxes until we catch up. Are we allowed to do this, per the rules are we in some way 'cheating' or just playing the metagame?[
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not cheating at all. Play how you want to play. The lure of new content can be enough to overcome any desire to even out the score, and the milestone and exploration glory can be quite large.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uniting against a player is entirely within the rules. It's up to you whether you want to complete a milestone or not. If someone meets the condition of a milestone, then they've completed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjmc23 wrote:
]Lexington with his raid upgrades was easily able to capture Ker and has a large lead because of raiding.

Can you describe exactly what he had and what he rolled and what the modifiers were? I keep hearing this is easy, but I don't see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McFarland
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Reply to question. Let me know if we did something kooky.

John Lexington was pretty lucky in his early dice rolls, and the rest of us had some very unlucky rolls early on. Part of that was because we underestimated the percentages, but all of us rolled a lot of blanks once or twice. This lead to a run away situation where he had a lot of perks. He also had the Guild Hall and the Tavern. This allowed him to roll through the Patmos Advisors until he found The Master of Munitions, plus 4 raid against colony and plus 2 raid. He also head 2 Deadly upgrades on his ship. ( I just learned this not sure if that is a rule break). He had 4 enmity on the island, 4 total garrison. He had 5 raid on his flagship and 1 for the support ship. 16 dice minus 8 equals 8 dice and the total of defense was 6. Like I said, he's a lucky one and he was able to roll a 7. This may not be totally correct as we all worked together to rebuild the event and there was some disagreement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McFarland
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Even with the Alliance it was tough. But we were able to stop him. It was kind of fun but also highly annoying to work as a team. Better than rage quitting I guess. One of us was able to obtain an item to stop the next box from being open. So we can essentially hold the game in 'pause' until we catch up a bit....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the explanation, but that sounds far from "easy".

It seems to me that it should be hard to buy 2 Deadly upgrades, Tavern and Guild Hall (total cost 56), and then get out to Patmos, before the game ends. (And it's still less than a 50% chance, as you've described it. But I think the garrison should only be 3, which makes the odds pretty good.)

If nothing else, that took him a lot of time where you should have been able to get other stuff done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.