Hide
2 Posts

Saloon Tycoon» Forums » Rules

Subject: rules clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jirian Jirian
msg tools
Sorry if this was already explained but we just played our first game and there as a bit of confusion:

1) Secret goals - does "2 kitchens/billiard rooms/we" stand for having 2 tiles or for having 2 complete rooms?
2) Special rooms - does "no laundry" stand for "no completed laundry" or "no laundry tile whatsoever"
3) Special rooms - dos prerequisite "have X" stand for "have a tile" or "have it completed"?
4) Endgame: assuming I trigger the endgame, how does "locking the character acquisition" work? Do I get all/none characters for the rooms I finish with that last turn or do I only get characters for rooms that I completed with the cubes still available in the stock?

Also thanks, was a lot of fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Jirian wrote:
Sorry if this was already explained but we just played our first game and there as a bit of confusion:

1) Secret goals - does "2 kitchens/billiard rooms/we" stand for having 2 tiles or for having 2 complete rooms?
2) Special rooms - does "no laundry" stand for "no completed laundry" or "no laundry tile whatsoever"
3) Special rooms - dos prerequisite "have X" stand for "have a tile" or "have it completed"?
4) Endgame: assuming I trigger the endgame, how does "locking the character acquisition" work? Do I get all/none characters for the rooms I finish with that last turn or do I only get characters for rooms that I completed with the cubes still available in the stock?

Also thanks, was a lot of fun

Hi Jirian,
Here are your answers. Glad you are having fun.

1. "Have" means Have. They do not need to be finished.
2. "Have" means Have. You cannot have a laundry tile.
3. "Have" means Have. You simply have to have the prerequisite tile.
4. The player that triggers the end game may still acquire and move characters on his turn. The end game triggers in the final phase of his turn which is AFTER his Action Step. Cubes are never limited. The player that triggers the end game can still buy cubes from the excess reserve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.