Subject: Pacific Theater OOP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bronson Barnhart
United States
South Haven
Michigan
flag msg tools
Any idea if/when this will be made available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Aubert
France
TOULON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Do you mean The battles of Khalkhin-Gol?

If so, it should be available around Christmas i think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Bronson meant Memoir '44: Pacific Theater
I have no idea of it's official print status but I've been looking in the UK for a few months and I've not seen it in stock anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Aubert
France
TOULON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you're supposed to have pacific theatre to play the battles of Khalkhin-Gol.
I hope there will be a reprint alongside this extension

InappropriateAndy wrote:
I think Bronson meant Memoir '44: Pacific Theater
I have no idea of it's official print status but I've been looking in the UK for a few months and I've not seen it in stock anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find most of the expansions have periods between print runs where they are difficult to find for a few months - I've had this delay previously with the Terrain Pack and Med Theater. I'd assume a run of Pacific Theater will show up soon enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Stansel
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I definitely hope the Pacific threater expansion shows back up in print. The current OOP prices are jacked up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Nieuwenhuis
Netherlands
Epe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Netherlands int seems that we will get another importer for Memoir'44.

That means this year no more distribution, but they will resume distribution next year. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's baffling to me when game producers like GMT are very good at providing 2nd, 3rd, etc. editions, or reprints, to their games; whereas, DoW does nothing. There is a big huge enormous gargantuan opportunity for DoW to reprint the East Front & Pacific Theater, along with the Air Pack and the Overlord maps and get buku bucks for very little effort!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think DOW does keep the main expansions including Eastern Front and Pacific Theater in print - we just must be in a distribution gap. Perhaps related to some hiccups with Asmodee's takeover, although that's kind of a while ago?

But I don't understand why they continue to come out with new mini-expansions like D-Day and Khalkhin-Gol when they know there is at least equal demand from newer players for long OOP expansions like Air Pack.

And they really need to reprint Colosseum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan Keane wrote:
And they really need to reprint Colosseum.

A new edition is being produced by Tasty Minstrel Games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaelmindes/colosseum...

I didn't back it, I just assume that means they will be available retail in January. Despite their intentions, TMG has a history of selling product before delivering kickstarters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was some statement about Air Pack many years ago or at least speculation over on the DOW site. Air Pack will not be reprinted, at least that was the decision then, most likely because they would lose money. If they did reprint, I'm guessing they would not provide the minis (as that was likely the cost issue), and the rest of the stuff is not required, so why bother reprinting without the minis.

Hence just buy the download and get your own minis.

The same issue with Campaign Book 1. Just not cost effective to reprint and the download is nearly as good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.