Festung Europa: The Campaign for Western Europe, 1943-1945» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stacking limit and movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jwel
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Is the stacking limit checked after all movements of all units in hexes marked with a move marker are executed or after the movement of each unit individually ?

The question arose in a game where I wanted to swap 2 units in 2 adjacent hexes both containing 3 units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall that it applies at all times. I remember this because I wanted to sep two counters but could not because of the stacking rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bayley
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I originally thought but looking more closely at the rules <7.13> it says "If any hex is over stacked at the end of RD, movement or retreat, units in excess of the stacking limit are eliminated."

So that tells me that you can effectively swap units over even if units are temporarily violating stacking limits during movement as long as they are back within stacking limits at the end of movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Chris.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.