Hide
1 Posts

Wordsy» Forums » Variants

Subject: Some off-the-cuff ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Pomeroy
msg tools
Saw this game on kickstarter last night and was intrigued, even though I normally don't like word games. As I was falling to sleep, I thought up a few variants (don't judge, it's what I do sometimes as I'm falling asleep ). I haven't even played the game yet, so just throwing them out there in case they sound interesting.

Challenge Mode - In addition to the normal letters, also draw 1 more letter. No words with that letter are allowed.

Unique Word Bonus - each player can write down multiple words, but must choose only one to score normally. Bonus points are awarded for each word on your list not on anyone else's list (or maybe only for the scoring word is unique? I'm not sure.)

Unique Letter Bonus - if your word is the only one to use a particular letter, that letter scores double.

Sentence Mode - Instead of trying to form a single word with as many of the letters as possible, form a sentence where score based on the words that start with the letters provided (and maybe -1 point for each word that doesn't). Bonus variant: make a deck of "themes" and draw one each turn that the sentence has to relate to in some way.

Anyway, the game looks like lots of fun with or without variants. Hoping to try it soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.