$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Glossary App + Fighting Arts, Disorders, Impairments, etc. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
Maybe someone knows how to make one

I would really love an app or something that would let me quickly check what things like fighting arts, disorders and stuff like this. It's hard to remember all of them.

it could also have a living glossary, cause there is never room for a laptop on the table at it just doesn't work on mobile (at least iPhone )


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gyorgy Boda
Hungary
Dunakeszi
Pest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not having an app, but I created a two-page summary, which I laminated. That does the trick for us.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/129381/record-archive-two...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skouic
France
flag msg tools
I used a pdf on a tablet with all the useful content scanned (hunt event, story event, glossary, settlement location with related gear and armor bonus, specialisation/mastery etc).
I have a table of content with direct links to the concerned page and a button to come back to the table of content.
I gain lot of time during the party avoiding booklet manipulation and all become "fluid"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
kurczaczekx wrote:
Maybe someone knows how to make one

I would really love an app or something that would let me quickly check what things like fighting arts, disorders and stuff like this. It's hard to remember all of them.

it could also have a living glossary, cause there is never room for a laptop on the table at it just doesn't work on mobile (at least iPhone )




There is a KD management app. I think it's called KD cha sheet, check on the app store.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
hwknight wrote:
kurczaczekx wrote:
Maybe someone knows how to make one

I would really love an app or something that would let me quickly check what things like fighting arts, disorders and stuff like this. It's hard to remember all of them.

it could also have a living glossary, cause there is never room for a laptop on the table at it just doesn't work on mobile (at least iPhone )




There is a KD management app. I think it's called KD cha sheet, check on the app store.


I have it but there is no function like this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy O'Connell
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, part of the reason that there isn't an app for it is that most of the people who have developed tracker/manager apps have contacted Adam or Anna at one point or another, and they have some pretty specific wishes about collecting game rules/assets and representing them digitally.

(i.e. that they don't want people to do it.)

That said, it's kind of a fine line. In kdm-manager, I implement some game rules, but most of them are done back-end, i.e. not explicitly printed out. I excerpt the FA/Disorder/A&I descriptions and flavor text and represent them on the Survivor Sheet in the app, but I don't do glossary-style look-ups.

Most of the other utilities, spreadsheets and applications tip-toe the line similarly.

tl;dr Putting something together wouldn't be challenging, but there is direction from the Poots camp about collecting game rules/assets and representing them digitally and people are generally trying to show some deference.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
kurczaczekx wrote:
hwknight wrote:
kurczaczekx wrote:
Maybe someone knows how to make one

I would really love an app or something that would let me quickly check what things like fighting arts, disorders and stuff like this. It's hard to remember all of them.

it could also have a living glossary, cause there is never room for a laptop on the table at it just doesn't work on mobile (at least iPhone )




There is a KD management app. I think it's called KD cha sheet, check on the app store.


I have it but there is no function like this.


Tap the exclamation icon on the side of the DIS or FA, it should give you a short description.

On the other hand, here's what I do:

I record my characters DIS and FA's on their sheet, but I keep the cards lined up under their gear grid during the Hunt and Showdown phase as a reminder... I also think the artwork looks too awesome to simply record and put away. I keep all the Dis and FA's I've acquired in a separate bag, for quicker setup. When I need to randomly draw a Diss or FA, I use the app, so the odds aren't messed up.

If Surv1 and Surv4, for example share a FA, then I'd simply use the survivor number cards. Eg. Surv 1 has 'Champion's Right', 'Last Man Standing' and 'Weak Spot'. I'd line them under the gear grid, horizontally.
Surv 4 has 'Champion's Right', So I'd just put the '1' survivor card under survivor 4's gear grid in the same place Surv 1 put 'Champion's Right'

If an FA is used, I simply turn it over. Eg. 'Champion's Right' may only be used once per Showdown, so after surv1 uses it, I turn the card over.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the tip with the app! I found it

Your solution with cards sounds very fun, I will go with that I like the idea of having a card next to a character, that's something I wanted to do the whole time but didn't know you can draw a random card with an app, awesome!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skouic
France
flag msg tools
As discussed you will find how to proceed :

Made with powerpoint.
On the first page I manage all the links to each other pages of the document (you can add an hyperlink to a specific location in the document and it's clickable in pdf after).

See my table of content :


On each pages I added an arrow with a link to the first page like that :


So you can quickly travel into the document.

Then save in pdf format and transfer to your tablet

So the main labor will be to scan your booklet...

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
Amazing! But this seems to be a titanic amount much work!
I'm not sure if my computer-related patience can deal with this :/

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.