Subject: Question on discarding/Discard Pile and regarding death rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelvin Ly
Canada
Etobicoke
flag msg tools
I had a few questions.

1. Are Used Cards discarded? Do resolved conditions/Encounters/Research Encounters go to the discard pile? Do these cards get shuffled back in?

2.When do deaths happen?The investigator that had lost all their sanity and/or health immediately gone or am I able to use their "once per round" ability before their removal.

3. Is the die rolled for reckoning considered a test? Can I use a focus to reroll it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The various forms of encounters are discarded into their specific discard pile after they are completed. Most cards such as conditions, spells, and so on will tell you when to discard them.

All cards with backs are discarded into a separate discard pile for each deck. Two sided cards, such as conditions and spells, and shuffled back into their respective decks.

2. Investigators are defeated as soon as they have 0 stamina or 0 sanity. You do not get to take further actions with them.

3. Tests are specifically called tests and will have a skill icon associated with them. Focus can only be used during tests.

For example, if you're resolving the die roll on a Dark Pact's reckoning effect, that doesn't ask for a test and thus can't use focus. On the other hand, if you are resolving the Will Test on a Paranoid card's reckoning effect, that is a test and you can use focus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.