Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Keegan
United States
Whitman
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is a summary of the final two turns of my first solo play with Agnes. It's very general, so won't make much sense it you aren't familiar with the cards, but still may be a little spoiler-ish. Really just looking to see if what I did was all within the rules. I don't mention specific cards in my hand (mainly I don't remember), but assume whenever I make a test and Agnes's base skill is lower than the target that I committed cards in my hand to bump it up. I had a bad hand to deal with the Priest in general, and probably should have spent a turn to try and prepare, but I worked with what I had.

I'm in the hallway with a Ravenous Ghoul and the Ghoul Priest. I have 1 damage and 1 horror. The encounter card does something to the attic, so not a worry. My first action I successfully evade the Ravenous Ghoul. Second action I move to the Parlor, the Priest gets an AoO, follows me to the Parlor, and I have 3D/3H, but my special ability does 1 damage to the Priest. Finally I Parley with Lita (Parley actions do not provoke AoO) and am successful, having committed a few cards to the check. The Priest now attacks, I assign 2 damage and 1 horror to Lita, and take the other horror (now at 3D/4H). Special ability activates again (it's once per phase!) and the Priest has 2 damage. I don't draw much in the way of help.

Start of the round I draw Obscuring Fog, not a worry. Without much in hand I have no choice but to take a normal attack. If successful I'll do two damage (with help from Lita), leaving the priest with 4 damage, and since I can survive a hit could take an action to provoke an AoO and do 1 final damage with my ability, killing the Priest. Sadly even with Lita's help I can only get my skill up to 4 (the minimum I would need to succeed), so would need a lucky pull. I grab a Skull, -1 per Ghoul. Damn, it couldn't have been a Zombie Priest. I fail, the Ghoul Priest retaliates, I give 1 damage to Lita and take 1 myself, and take the horror to do 1 damage to the Priest because I can. I'm not going to survive another hit, so I Resign, fleeing the house in panic, but at least I'm alive.

It was interesting how close I came. One pull between me and a dead Ghoul Priest (unless I royally mucked up the rules), and even then I was actually able to 'not die'. Pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Nygaard
msg tools
mb
Thanks for the writeup. To me it looks like you played within the rules, and I really like that you fled instead of dying. It's very thematic in a sense :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.