Tiny Epic Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Acquiring Spells in order? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really confused about how the spell system works. Watching some of the walkthrough videos at least helped to explain the difference between the global Magic track used by all players and the single Spell track each player progresses.

1. If the Magic track indicates how many Spell track spaces I can move up, then there's no point in moving a meeple to a Spell space on the map until the Spell Track = 1, right?

2. Also, then I should only move my meeple to a Spell on the map that I can reach by the Magic track? For example, if Magic Track=2 and I'm on Spell Track #4, I should really only move a meeple on the map to the 6th spell shown on the Spell track? That means I can't just move a meeple to ANY spell space on them map? But it also means I can "jump" over and pass other spells to move up the Spell track; in the above example, it means I don't have to go after Spell #5?

3. So you have to acquire spells in the order shown on the Spell track, that means everyone will be going after the same spells (go after the same spell spaces on the map) every time?

Like I said, I'm pretty confused about how this works, so thanks for the clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I can help.

1. No, movement is in phase one (Day). The magic track progression occurs during phase two (night), with the exception of one grotto power, and reset at the end of the round. So you're having to gamble a little by going to spells since the magic track will be back at the start space at the beginning of the new round.

2. Correct. Still it's a gamble because you don't know the progress of the magic track. Trying to skip 1 or 2 spells makes it even more of a gamble. But, using your example, you can hedge your bet a little by having one hero on spell #5 and one on spell #6.

3. Yes, though people will jump some and other won't and so you'll find that you're not always going for the same spell as everyone else.

I hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.