Subject: Must you take an item when Supplying? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that you must always take an Item (even if you decide not to keep it) before taking a event when using the Supply option. This came up when Hunters had reached their hand limit, were happy with their Items and just wanted the Event card.

I think this is covered in the FAQ but wanted to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
We play that you must always take an Item (even if you decide not to keep it) before taking a event when using the Supply option. This came up when Hunters had reached their hand limit, were happy with their Items and just wanted the Event card.

I think this is covered in the FAQ but wanted to make sure.

I can't see it mentioned in the FAQ, but it seems clear from the supply action entry on the back page of the reference guide.

Quote:
.. If in a large city, draw an item card
before drawing an event card.

It does not say you may draw an item, so it is compulsory.

There is a more detailed reference to the supply action within the reference guide, but that makes no mention of it being optional either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQs talks about what to do if you've reached your hand limit if you draw an additional Item.

Thanks for the confirmation - drawing an Item is compulsory, but deciding to keep it is optional if you've reached your hand limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Hook
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
The FAQs talks about what to do if you've reached your hand limit if you draw an additional Item.

Thanks for the confirmation - drawing an Item is compulsory, but deciding to keep it is optional if you've reached your hand limit.

Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can just discard the item, is there any game reason it needs to be mandatory? Does it give Dracula some information or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:
If you can just discard the item, is there any game reason it needs to be mandatory? Does it give Dracula some information or something?

One reason I can think of is that the item deck goes thru quicker and the discarded items will become reusable sooner. Depending on how much hunters supply, though. In some games it might never happen anyway.

Also discarded items can be usable information for Dracula, he sees something potentially dangerous being discarded, so either the hunter already has it or has something even better. Or not.

It could also be possible for hunters to supply for perfect item sets without worry of having to discard a usable item that someone else could use. But then again, perfect item set is situational.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.