Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Johnson
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing Arcadia Quest at a friend's house and I don't have access to the rules at the moment.

The Nova Blast weapon says something like "If you roll at least one hit then you may move the enemy up to three spaces".

Does the ability to move the enemy exist even if the rolled hit was blocked?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you got your names mixed up.

Nova Bolt is if you roll at least one crit, you may target another additional target.

Wind Blast is if you roll at least one hit, you may move the target 3 squares.

Either one will still trigger regardless what the defender rolls. Some later items/spells say they trigger if you wound the target. Those items require you to roll better than their defenses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CQ
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wind Blast is the one that lets you move your opponents, and yes, as long as you roll a hit, you can move them. This works even if they block the damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Johnson
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both. I did indeed have things mixed up. Thanks for successfully interpreting my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the main difference is that the spell triggers when a successful "hit" or "Critical Hit" is rolled, as opposed to when "damage" is inflicted. If something rolls a "hit" or "crit" it is still considered to have hit the target regardless of if they roll defense dice and block the damage. Things that specify that they trigger when "damage is dealt" would require that the attack was not blocked by defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.