$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do friendly units take damage from friendly fire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you use an attack with are effect, such as Lightning Storm or an Exploding Orb, does it hurt both friendly and enemy characters or only enemies?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpectrumDT wrote:
If you use an attack with are effect, such as Lightning Storm or an Exploding Orb, does it hurt both friendly and enemy characters or only enemies?


Area attacks, page 19 of the Heroes' Book:

Quote:
When a character attacks an area, the character attacks each character in the specified area unless otherwise stated.


Note that the rules consistently use "character" to refer to both heroes and OL units.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All right. Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
Yes, they do and the princess too. She has 1 HP.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Abbath wrote:
Yes, they do and the princess too. She has 1 HP.


Depends on the scenario.

For example in the 1st "In the clutches of the Picts", Yselda is "unconscious and counts as an object with an encumbrance value of 6."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer of 'yes'
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chinkster wrote:
Abbath wrote:
Yes, they do and the princess too. She has 1 HP.


Depends on the scenario.

For example in the 1st "In the clutches of the Picts", Yselda is "unconscious and counts as an object with an encumbrance value of 6."


Someone posted a comment from Monolith's French site a couple days ago where they've apparently changed their minds about that. She seems to now have 1 HP and whichever team kills her loses automatically.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
Chinkster wrote:
Abbath wrote:
Yes, they do and the princess too. She has 1 HP.


Depends on the scenario.

For example in the 1st "In the clutches of the Picts", Yselda is "unconscious and counts as an object with an encumbrance value of 6."


Someone posted a comment from Monolith's French site a couple days ago where they've apparently changed their minds about that. She seems to now have 1 HP and whichever team kills her loses automatically.



EDIT: Never mind. I was reading too quickly and misunderstood what you wrote.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
sgbeal wrote:

Someone posted a comment from Monolith's French site a couple days ago where they've apparently changed their minds about that. She seems to now have 1 HP and whichever team kills her loses automatically.



What? She's already in the clutches of the Picts! They can just take a sledgehammer to her head in the first turn for an auto-win.


sgbeal wrote:
She seems to now have 1 HP and whichever team kills her loses automatically.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So does an area effect attack damage your own character?
E.g. If you cast lightning storm in your own area do you have to defend against it? Also, the explosive orb has the manipulation symbol on it, why?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
JJJBonez wrote:
So does an area effect attack damage your own character?
E.g. If you cast lightning storm in your own area do you have to defend against it? Also, the explosive orb has the manipulation symbol on it, why?


Yes it does. Why? Because there are spells that explicitly state when the caster (or special characters like undead) is NOT affected by area attacks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abbath wrote:
JJJBonez wrote:
So does an area effect attack damage your own character?
E.g. If you cast lightning storm in your own area do you have to defend against it? Also, the explosive orb has the manipulation symbol on it, why?


Yes it does. Why? Because there are spells that explicitly state when the caster (or special characters like undead) is NOT affected by area attacks.
ok cool, do you know why the manipulation hand is on the orb? Is this meant to be thrown into another space to avoid damaging yourself?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JJJBonez wrote:
do you know why the manipulation hand is on the orb? Is this meant to be thrown into another space to avoid damaging yourself?


Exactly. The number of successes you get on the manipulation determines the maximum range you can throw it. If you roll no successes, it drops in your space.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
sgbeal wrote:
JJJBonez wrote:
do you know why the manipulation hand is on the orb? Is this meant to be thrown into another space to avoid damaging yourself?


Exactly. The number of successes you get on the manipulation determines the maximum range you can throw it. If you roll no successes, it drops in your space.


But rerolls are possible, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abbath wrote:
But rerolls are possible, right?


The core rules don't impose any limits on when rerolls are allowed, so they're allowed anywhere unless a scenario/skill/item/etc specifies otherwise.

Sidebar: the Attack from Beyond skill is a case where rerolls are not possible, but only because for that skill to trigger, the character must be dead, so there are no gems to spend.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.