Subject: Must you assign gems to a pre-cast spell? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If the scenario specifies that you start with a certain spell pre-cast (e.g. Mitra's Halo in "In the Clutches of the Picts"), must that hero put gems on the spell, or is it free?

If you must assign gems, do you take them from the reserve or from the fatigue area?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpectrumDT wrote:
If the scenario specifies that you start with a certain spell pre-cast (e.g. Mitra's Halo in "In the Clutches of the Picts"), must that hero put gems on the spell, or is it free?

If you must assign gems, do you take them from the reserve or from the fatigue area?

It doesn't say to, and i assume "no" because one can assume the caster has had time to recover the casting cost by the time the scenario actually starts.

If a hero has to pay the gem cost as part of setup, that would also apply to OL units which start with spells cast on them. i've seen no mention of anyone having to explicitly pay that cost as part of the setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
It doesn't say to, and i assume "no" because one can assume the caster has had time to recover the casting cost by the time the scenario actually starts.

If a hero has to pay the gem cost as part of setup, that would also apply to OL units which start with spells cast on them. i've seen no mention of anyone having to explicitly pay that cost as part of the setup.

It's the good explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to set up my first game. I have a similar question in regards to the pre-cast. What's the point of the scenario saying it's precast if the gems don't start on the card? How would pre-cast be any different than not being pre-cast if not for the gem cost? Not understanding spells completely...

SpectrumDT wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mille1212 wrote:
Trying to set up my first game. I have a similar question in regards to the pre-cast. What's the point of the scenario saying it's precast if the gems don't start on the card? How would pre-cast be any different than not being pre-cast if not for the gem cost? Not understanding spells completely...

If the spell is pre-cast, then the hero gets the benefit of the spell without having to pay the gem cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. I see this is an enduring defensive spell, so I can now see the benefit. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.