Lotus» Forums » General

Subject: Lotus vs Lanterns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Marsan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Is anyone in a position to advise on the relative merits between Lotus and Lanterns? I'm thinking of purchasing one of them - it seems like they have a lot in common and scratch similar itches. Which offers the more satisfying range of choices/decision-making moments? Which is the more challenging?

I'm leaning towards Lotus because of its elegance - in design as well as appearance. But any thoughts would be welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I hadn't thought they were alike at all?

I have lanterns and it's fun. I really see it as a tile placement game.

Lotus is pretty, but I haven't played it. It seems more like a set collection game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis D
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both are light games.
Buy lanterns on ios or android
and buy physical copy of lotus
That way you'll have both.
In the end i believe that lanterns is more strategic than lotus.
Visual is lotus more appealing but a slightly lighter game.

hope that helps a bit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Marsan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Yeah to be fair I can see that in terms of mechanisms employed they have little in common. I suppose that purely in terms of what I'm looking for they seem to be similar: reasonably short, can be played with non-gamers, small foot print, aesthetically pleasing but actually with enough depth to make it mentally stimulating too. It's that last criterion which I'm most keen to compare between the two...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.