Subject: What is that token under hut 7 in "In the Clutches of the Picts"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the setup instructions for the scenario "In the Clutches of the Picts", there is a token underneath hut number 7, near the bottom of the map. What is that? What does it do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpectrumDT wrote:
In the setup instructions for the scenario "In the Clutches of the Picts", there is a token underneath hut number 7, near the bottom of the map. What is that? What does it do?

See the 2nd-to-last Special Rule in the scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is that token? I am currently using what looks like a well (the large round token).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is a "boulder" token (page 11 of the Overlord book):

"Climbing: A character with Climbing can move across boulders as though they were a border by spending 2 extra movement points."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
so there is a rock wall on the board anyways. Putting tokens on the board confuses me. It means that if there is no token on there then there is no boulder/rocks, so no breaking los etc. Same goes for the walls around the camp. In the first scenario do they break los? do they stop movement? I ask because in a later scenario on the same map you put tokens down on them that say they break los and movement. Seems the terrain is really left open to house rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eddieharr wrote:
so there is a rock wall on the board anyways. Putting tokens on the board confuses me. It means that if there is no token on there then there is no boulder/rocks, so no breaking los etc.

Any given token has zero meaning with regard to other scenarios. The token is there as a reference point for the scenario rules: "at {THIS POINT} on the map, such-and-such special rule applies."

The token is only there so that the scenario rules don't have to use confusing, potentially ambiguous terminology like "the line of rocks near huts number X and Y behaves in such-and-such manner..."

Love the token. It's there to make the intention of that part of the scenario text clear and unambiguous. Without the token, confusion and chaos rule the day.

As for your other questions, those are largely covered in other threads, which can be summarized as: "LOS is currently ill-defined and requires lots of judgement calls."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.