United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised to be the first person to ask this one, unless everyone's long sick of the Black Market and has stopped using it

Should Sauna and Avanto be treated as separate cards in the Black Market Deck, or a single entity?

If it's a single entity, then what happens if the card becomes available in the Market? Does the player get to buy a Sauna? Or is it random? (Not sure why you'd choose an Avanto in this situation)

Or something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll look for the quote, but it is essentially do what you want. This is true of all the split deck piles.

Edit: here you go Re: Empires Previews #2: Split Piles

donaldx wrote:
davidme wrote:
donaldx wrote:
chadw09 wrote:
When Black Market is in play, how is it determined which (or both?) cards from a split pile go in the Black Market deck?

For someday online versions, I'm not sure what we'll do. For games irl, dude, have the fun you want to have. The cards are there for you.

The fun many of us want to have is with an official rule.

The official rule is that you can do what you want with the Black Market deck.

What I personally do is, I make the Black Market deck the randomizers (which in the prototype have the same back as other cards) for an expansion not being used in the game. I don't have special randomizers for split piles, I just use the top card. So, I would end up using top cards for split piles and not bottom ones.

I've never played Black Market with Empires though; I don't think to get out the old promos irl very often, and didn't during Empires playtesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh aka "Ossian Grr"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, fair enough. Honestly I fell behind in Dominion expansions so I didn't realize split-piles were already a "thing". Just as I was thinking of catching up, I saw this one in the BGGStore

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
OK, fair enough. Honestly I fell behind in Dominion expansions so I didn't realize split-piles were already a "thing". Just as I was thinking of catching up, I saw this one in the BGGStore

Thanks.
Well, they're only a "thing" since the most recent big box release, Empires, so don't feel bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.