Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Reimer
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are a group of 18XX newbies that were unable to answer this question in our second game: In the picture below, do both routes from Terre Haute to Chicago use distinct track? Could Illinois Central run two 2-trains from Terre Haute to Chicago?

Stated more generally, do green and russet track tiles (such as #23 here) depict curves of negligible thickness which only join at a single point on the tile edge? Or are they, as the graphic design might suggest, joined into a single piece of track before they reach the edge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evelin Auger
Canada
Portneuf
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They use the same track to enter Chicago. It is not allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Reimer
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we usually teach it is more than one train/route can't use the same hex side exit/entrance as another train/route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Evelin said. Amusingly, my son tried almost this exact configuration and I pointed out the Y uses the same bit of track to get into/out of that tile, so not allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bockelman
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a couple of questions that relate to the OP's picture:

Why does the yellow board hex for Chicago have short tracks leading to the circles, but the upgraded Chicago tiles have the circles at the edges of the hex?

Do the circles being at the edge of the hex change anything? In the picture, IC can still run into the Chicago circle with the C & WI token, correct?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Anastasia
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joefunk wrote:

Why does the yellow board hex for Chicago have short tracks leading to the circles, but the upgraded Chicago tiles have the circles at the edges of the hex?

Do the circles being at the edge of the hex change anything? In the picture, IC can still run into the Chicago circle with the C & WI token, correct?

Thanks
It doesn't mean anything - it's just that green Chicago is a very full tile graphically. The circles got pushed to the edges so that the other iconography on the tile would remain clearly readable. In the example, the IC can run into to the C&WI spot in Chicago. If the train is long enough, IC can run through to Chicago connections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bockelman
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Mike.

So the C&WI spot isn't a token, but what if there was a GT token in that spot? The IC could run into Chicago, but not into Chicago Connections, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joefunk wrote:
Thanks, Mike.

So the C&WI spot isn't a token, but what if there was a GT token in that spot? The IC could run into Chicago, but not into Chicago Connections, right?

Right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Rosin
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
MyNameIsFourteen wrote:
joefunk wrote:

Thanks
It doesn't mean anything - it's just that green Chicago is a very full tile graphically. The circles got pushed to the edges so that the other iconography on the tile would remain clearly readable. In the example, the IC can run into to the C&WI spot in Chicago. If the train is long enough, IC can run through to Chicago connections.

Just so I understand: There's no connection between Chicago and Chicago connections until Chicago is upgraded in phase 2? Or can a train always go from Chicago to Chicago Connections?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Raithnor wrote:
Just so I understand: There's no connection between Chicago and Chicago connections until Chicago is upgraded in phase 2? Or can a train always go from Chicago to Chicago Connections?

There's no track leading to Chicago Connections in yellow, so there's no way to run there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.