Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always played that way, but I don't think the rules clear on that point. My (2nd edition) rules state that you leave the region boards alone, except for flipping up another position. That implies they say.

(Of course, 2nd edition doesn't list anything about using the doubler to remove the card).

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian
Australia
North Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the doubler option on the shadow cabinet cards can be used to place a doubler or remove a doubler already present. We play that this is the only way a doubler can be removed.

If the doubled issue is in a future election it could stay there and be useful for a while but the other players also will have multiple opportunities to remove it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Porter
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, the only times that my friends and I remove them is either with shadow cabinet cards or when that region is active and we are clearing it at the end of a round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom DeMarco
United States
Cinnaminson
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely not! That doubler can only be removed (not moved, removed) from a card by another Shadow Cabinet card. A card with a doubler on it cannot be changed by someone with Media control or absolute majority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Double D
United States
Morgans Point Resort
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Can someone else confirm that a card with a doubler on it cannot be removed by media control? I did not read this in the rules.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls