$20.00
$60.00
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I just tried to open the CardGameDB website to look at a card and instead of the website opening, I get a webpage* that says:

"This Account has been suspended.
Contact your hosting provider for more information
."

(and that's ALL it says on the entire page!)

I was on the site two days ago without a problem. And as I haven't been active there for about two months, I don't see how the issue is legitimacy with me. Though I've been wrong before.

Has anyone else gotten this message?

I can only conclude that the site has been hacked because if there was a problem with my account alone, I'd at least be able to see the CGDB website itself.

* The URL for the page I'm seeing is: http://www.cardgamedb.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

I am unable to get to http://www.cardgamedb.com. Everytime I try, I'm re-directed to the Supsended page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there seems to be a problem with CardGameDB at the moment. It was working intermittently over the past couple of days - sometimes I'd get the page loaded, but mostly I'd get error messages (not the Account Suspended one). I suspect whatever backend problems they were having got bad enough that their provider suspended them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get the same message as you. This started today. Yesterday their service was off and on with me getting server not found messages when I couldn't connect.

First LotR is dead, then AH and now CGDB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gilborson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

OK all, thanks! At least now I know the issue isn't on my end, which always a relief!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Paroni
United States
California
flag msg tools
I must've missed some news, what do you mean LotR is dead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chiller087 wrote:
I must've missed some news, what do you mean LotR is dead?

Everything is fine with those games. It's an overplayed in-joke that probably has run it's course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about the downtime folks. I don't really deal with the day to day stuff of CardGameDB anymore but I contacted FFG about it and they said they think the issue is resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.