Subject: Marketplace - orders from new users rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I've had a couple of orders on the marketplace from people whose accounts have only been created that day.
The first was a US account ordering an item i just have specified for Europe (no message accompanied). I cancelled the order.
The second was from Europe and again was a straight order but no message (not that they need to of course).

I wondered if any of you have experience of new users placing orders being a 'thing' (i.e. something dodgy)? Just interested in whether I need to be concerned or just chill out!
Thanks peeps!

Ps we were all that new user once so am erring on the side of all being ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Friedly
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
We have not experienced that. We've had some orders that I later canceled. We've had a few ask if we would ship outside the U.S. and in every case the customer has been a joy to work with. Short answer? No. I would be interested to hear from others too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to be a bgg member to want games and google buying them. You do have to be one to use the marketplace.

Those two things are going to result in people signing up to buy games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had new users buy things via the Marketplace. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Try to send a GeekMail before confirming the transaction, but be aware that many times, new users don't check the box to forward GMs to their registered email address.

You can confirm the sale with a shipping estimate - that gets sent to their registered email address. You can set an expiration on it, so if they don't respond in x days, it's dead.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mostly new users don't quite understand how the marketplace works anyway (it can be a bit confusing as it's not like a typical online shop, of course).

I used to politely respond to each one of these, in an attempt to engage in dialog, but these days I just let them auto-expire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of those responses mirror my thoughts. I won't dismiss a sale just because it's from a new user, but a mail / sale confirmation with esitmated postage charge beforehand will be sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a bad idea at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.