$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

This War of Mine: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: TV promo set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! I've noticed that there's a page on bgg for the TV promo set for "This war of mine: The board game". The info there is the following:

Designer Michał Oracz, Jakub Wiśniewski
Artist Paweł Niziołek, Michał Oracz
Publisher Awaken Realms

On an update on the kickstarter page they said: "(...)those cards were created by Galakta and we didn't have any impact on what they were doing with them."

I'm confused...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The full quote is:

Quote:
The retail producer and distributor of the game, Galakta, asked us to create some promo material for Essen Spiel for them. We have created those TV cards, as a promotional material - it is not essential to the game. It is just a small promo. It has a little bit of story to it and a small twist, that we will not spoil for you.

Anyway, those cards were created by Galakta and we didn't have any impact on what they were doing with them.


So they were created by the team behind the boardgame, but they were created for Galakta, and, I assume, they are owned by Galakta in some way.

I just wish publishers would stop doing stuff like this, trying to own parts of games to lock the games to their own publishing house. It just goes out over us customers, having a myriad of slightly different games being published under the same name but by different companies in different countries. This case seems to be pretty minor, but it's still just bad yuk
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
The full quote is:

Quote:
The retail producer and distributor of the game, Galakta, asked us to create some promo material for Essen Spiel for them. We have created those TV cards, as a promotional material - it is not essential to the game. It is just a small promo. It has a little bit of story to it and a small twist, that we will not spoil for you.

Anyway, those cards were created by Galakta and we didn't have any impact on what they were doing with them.


So they were created by the team behind the boardgame, but they were created for Galakta, and, I assume, they are owned by Galakta in some way.

I just wish publishers would stop doing stuff like this, trying to own parts of games to lock the games to their own publishing house. It just goes out over us customers, having a myriad of slightly different games being published under the same name but by different companies in different countries. This case seems to be pretty minor, but it's still just bad yuk


Here's the explanation:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealms/this-war-o...


1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fuller quote is...

Quote:
Anyway, those cards were created by Galakta and we didn't have any impact on what they were doing with them. Since so many of you guys have shown interest in them, we will reach out to Galakta and ask them if it will not be a problem to add them to all Core Boxes additionally for free!


Y'all cut off right before they mention that they'll reach out and see if they can get them included in the backer boxes.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:
The fuller quote is...

Quote:
Anyway, those cards were created by Galakta and we didn't have any impact on what they were doing with them. Since so many of you guys have shown interest in them, we will reach out to Galakta and ask them if it will not be a problem to add them to all Core Boxes additionally for free!


Y'all cut off right before they mention that they'll reach out and see if they can get them included in the backer boxes.


Yeah, I did that intentionally, because that part wasn't relevant to the OP's confusion, as I interpreted it.

I didn't do it to make the creator look bad or anything, I just didn't want to quote anything that didn't pertain specifically to the matter of ownership of the promo.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
Braffe wrote:
The fuller quote is...

Quote:
Anyway, those cards were created by Galakta and we didn't have any impact on what they were doing with them. Since so many of you guys have shown interest in them, we will reach out to Galakta and ask them if it will not be a problem to add them to all Core Boxes additionally for free!


Y'all cut off right before they mention that they'll reach out and see if they can get them included in the backer boxes.


Yeah, I did that intentionally, because that part wasn't relevant to the OP's confusion, as I interpreted it.

I didn't do it to make the creator look bad or anything, I just didn't want to quote anything that didn't pertain specifically to the matter of ownership of the promo.


I was so used to the great deal of concern that people had in regards to this new 'promo' item not being available to backers, I assumed this was the OPs main question (which, I see it was not). That's why I added the rest...oops
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.