Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gonzalo Herreros
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is listed as being soloable but skimming through the 4 page rules in kickstarter I don't any reference to that.

For me to back something so expensive (and with so many games already at home), I would need good solo rules already created and a walthrough gameplay video that gives me the feeling of how it plays.

Also I think it would help a lot sending a prototype to a reputable reviewer like Rahdo or Ricky Royal to do the playthrough for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Temprano
Spain
Valladolid
flag msg tools
designer
GLADIATORIS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, Gonzalo.

This is part of our first KS update, a few hours ago:

A common request is how the solo play works. We have already written about it on several forums, and of course, our backers should read it too. So here you have a brief explanation on how it works

The player controls 3 Gladiators from any team and he must survive 12 rounds fighting against enemy waves (first against Slaves, then Small Beasts and finally Great Beasts). The enemies appear in rounds, according to the module instructions, and sometimes by surprise, along with the traps by means of the Cronos cards (please see Rules Summary, 6.a), to add some randomness. The player will earn a Palm (5,000 sestertii) for every surviving gladiator. A table can be checked to see how well he performed. We will rely on you to make a little "High Scores" table and check if it was too hard or too easy

Gladiatoris has rules for neutral fighters, not controlled by any player, because in some Events the teams compete to fight against barbarians and other enemies. Foes in solo play move with those same rules: they simply move to the nearest enemy and attack.

They also roll the Beast die; that means they can make especially good attacks, activate a special attack (good or bad, depending on the scenario), charge towards the second nearest enemy, or even turn around and flee. This rule adds some unpredictability to every enemy attack.

Thank you for your interest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.