Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that if one of the players is Klein, they can only win if they are the last surviving player and if they can correctly identify that they are Klein. That certainly makes the game more difficult for that player than for the other players.

I'm fine with one player randomly having to complete a harder goal than the other players, but it occurred to me that it could be mitigated if the rule were that the Klein player wins, even if they die, if none of the other players survive. Since Klein never really dies in the game -- it's always considered to be a fake death -- I think it would make sense to say that the only way the Klein player can lose is if at least one player survives until the end and can correctly identify him. "Lock him up, Chief!"

This might sway the results to the Klein player winning more often than the other players, but as it is now, it seems like Klein wins more rarely than the other players. It's a delicate balance to be sure, but I think it makes the game even more scary if you know that Klein will win unless you stop him, and it also would give a nice little bonus to the Klein player for having to play a more difficult role.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Toystorian
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is harder to win as Klein but that makes it an even more treasured victory. Since not only is it harder to win as Klein, it is not often you get to play as Klein. It is important for the Klein player to actively try to stay alive and sabotage the game which is why the Klein player doesn't win even if they were killed off during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Vaca
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
My friends and I played this on saturday and asked how would Klein win of the rest of the players know who he is (from searching). We kind of figured you can trap someone in a corner or during an attack you could swap places with a player if you know the location you are on will be attacked and get them killed that way (as long as they don't have a hiding tile for the location they are at).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheToystoryian wrote:
Yes it is harder to win as Klein but that makes it an even more treasured victory. Since not only is it harder to win as Klein, it is not often you get to play as Klein. It is important for the Klein player to actively try to stay alive and sabotage the game which is why the Klein player doesn't win even if they were killed off during the game.

But Klein is never really killed, so why is it that faking his own death causes him to lose the game? I just wonder what the thematic reason is. I kind of speculated in another thread that it's a pride thing, but I was just guessing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.