Legends Untold» Forums » News

Subject: Tokens and Meeples rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Right well that was pretty conclusive on the dice front!

Thanks to you all that's another bit of the Kickstarter finished!

OK so Hugh and I are mapping something out to give you more content but a few of you have mentioned meeples and blocks etc which all add to manufacturing cost.

How would you feel about a) The game with the base dice, which will stretch goal up to give you more content for free. And we could probably use tokens for all the things you mentioned?

b)
We could look into putting all the nice to haves into a deluxe version which would include:
Tarot sized Locations (extra search zones and the like owing to more space)
Mini Meeples
Custom Dice
A graphic Novel from the Foes perspective (e.g. about the Goblin Society in the Caves which the Heroes are invading)
Some kind of texture round rule book which will feel like the leather texture of the card reverses you have seen - so as if you are holding an Almanac
A copy of the concept art book that went in to making the game.

But this is all big box stuff and a totally different animal. Do people like this idea or elements from it as an add on?

It is not something we were considering doing for a while yet but it is always good to get feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although all the deluxe edition stuff sounds nice I like the idea of a smaller box and less production time. If the game funds and does well perhaps in the future you could do another Kickstarter for the "deluxe edition"

just my opinion.

Thanks and have a great day!

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds amazing but hopefully some of those things either make it to the "poor peoples" pledge level as stretch goals, or are available as add-ons. I'd be more interested in the tarot sized cards, dice, and meeples. The actual gameplay elements. The rest does sound great though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarot sized cards and mini meeples are the only thing that would interest me in the b) so I would probably just go for a)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely a). I do like the sound of tarot size locations, this would be a great stretch goal/add on.
Never keen on fancy bound rule books, novels and art books. I just can't see the attraction in them.
Keep it simple. Gameplay over content that doesn't add to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am kind of in the same boat as the others. Since the deluxe version would be "nice to haves", I would opt for the smaller box. However, two things to keep in mind:

1. Expensive (and time consuming) stretch goals usually spell bad news for delivery.

2. I would love for the smaller box version to at least have space to put sleeved cards, dice/meeples/tokens, or whatever. It is so frustrating when a game box is slightly too small for things like sleeved cards, dice that are not included, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan_c_byrd wrote:
I am kind of in the same boat as the others. Since the deluxe version would be "nice to haves", I would opt for the smaller box. However, two things to keep in mind:

1. Expensive (and time consuming) stretch goals usually spell bad news for delivery.

2. I would love for the smaller box version to at least have space to put sleeved cards, dice/meeples/tokens, or whatever. It is so frustrating when a game box is slightly too small for things like sleeved cards, dice that are not included, etc.

I definitely agree with Ryan's point number 2. That is definitely a pet peeve of mine when game boxes do not allow for everything to fit back inside the box comfortably after it has been punched out and/or do not allow for sleeving the cards-which many gamers do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
For the Sleevers out there what is the maximum card size you would sleeve please?

We are trying to do double Poker Size Occupations and Scenarios as a stretch Goal.

Possibly Tarot Locations as an add on based on chat from you guys so far.

Thanks

Kev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Auchtung
msg tools
YES! - Tarot sized Locations
Meh - Mini Meeples
YES! - Custom Dice
HELL YES! - A graphic Novel from the Foes perspective (e.g. about the Goblin Society in the Caves which the Heroes are invading)
YES! - Some kind of texture round rule book which will feel like the leather texture of the card reverses you have seen - so as if you are holding an Almanac
Meh - A copy of the concept art book that went in to making the game.

There's this nerd's take. I love the idea of "in-universe items" like journals, bios, etc. I know some folks view them as fluff, but it gets ME excited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote for a).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph K
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nessie76 wrote:
For the Sleevers out there what is the maximum card size you would sleeve please?

Size wouldn't really be a factor. The most important thing is that the format isn't too exotic, so that there's a possibility to get suitable sleeves for them.
Games like Dixit, Cutthroat Caverns or the Tiny Epic Series all use rather large cards, but it's not too hard to find good fitting sleeves for them. So if you choose to go with a common size and leave enough extra space in the box then everything should work out nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for clarity on that point.
Appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
msg tools
I would probably opt for A, but would like the cards to increase a little bigger than poker size.
Tokens are fine, meeples not a necessity, fancy rulebooks not my thing but I know it will appeal to others. Suppose it would also depend on pricing and manufacturing time.

Thanks Kev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh S
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
I'll put in another tentative vote for option A. B sounds nice, but some of the extras I could care less about. I'd also be very concerned about compatibility with further expansions - differently sized location cards (does that even matter? might be a case of perception > reality).

I'd be most interested in a middle option (A.5), without the graphic novel and art book (basically just the improved gameplay materials). Maybe the graphic novel and art book as add-ons for those interested...

edit for greater coherence, too early in the morning...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The graphic novel, artbook and enhanced rule book should be add-ons only. But if this will delay the game in any way, forget it. I'd rather see you concentrate on gameplay and getting it out on time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.