Hide
4 Posts

Cthulhu: A Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about Atlach-Nacha, War and Shub'Niggurath rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil scahtten
msg tools
Hello I would like to have some issues explained that showed up in our last game.

Atlach-Nacha:
Will her ability also double the hit-points from the tarantulas?

War:
What does "all attacks" mean? Does the combat phase of the Investigators count as an attack? Or does it mean that every card we use to damage anything counts as an attack? E.g. I use 1 shovel and a tommy gun to attack an Elder God, do I recieve 4 dmg in a 3 player game then? Or do I only recieve 2 dmg (cause only combat phase counts as attack)?

Shub'Niggurath:
In which order do we resolve the "healing" from Shub'Niggurath. In the game we played we had war (mythos) out, so that made him heal himself almost every time we attacked him. When we had enough dmg summed up to kill him in 1 shot the question came up, does he die when his health goes below 0 or does he still get healed from Wars ability and stays alive. Even though his health was -1? Do we still have to resolve Wars abilitiy in this case?

thank you in advance

scahtten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ellis
msg tools
publisher
scahtten wrote:
Hello I would like to have some issues explained that showed up in our last game.

Atlach-Nacha:
Will her ability also double the hit-points from the tarantulas?

Only the damage, not the health.

War:
What does "all attacks" mean? Does the combat phase of the Investigators count as an attack? Or does it mean that every card we use to damage anything counts as an attack? E.g. I use 1 shovel and a tommy gun to attack an Elder God, do I recieve 4 dmg in a 3 player game then? Or do I only recieve 2 dmg (cause only combat phase counts as attack)?

Yes, each card played in combat counts. Its a brutal card.

Shub'Niggurath:
In which order do we resolve the "healing" from Shub'Niggurath. In the game we played we had war (mythos) out, so that made him heal himself almost every time we attacked him. When we had enough dmg summed up to kill him in 1 shot the question came up, does he die when his health goes below 0 or does he still get healed from Wars ability and stays alive. Even though his health was -1? Do we still have to resolve Wars abilitiy in this case?

Wow, that's an epic tale. I would say you win in this scenario because once he hits zero he is dead and that means you win.

thank you in advance

scahtten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also with Shub'Niggurath:

"In 1st Combat, spawn 1 Thousand Young When an investigator takes Health damage Shub receives that much in healing."

The healing part, is that just in 1st combat or every time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ellis
msg tools
publisher
The healing part is every round. There should have been a period after Young.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.