Popular Tags: [View All]
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All these seem to be clear, but if you're picky as I am you'd want some confirmation ...

Loan - Can you take more than 1 Loan with the same action? "If the player takes additional ..., and there's no "x1" at the space. But the rules also say "... placed a Manager here receives ..." We said you can take 1 Loan only at a time. So the space should say "x1". Or the rules are wrong, very unclear at least.

Domestic Industry - The space says "x1", rules say "any one resource". There should be slashes between the resources. We said you may buy only 1 piece of 1 type of resource.
Wonder why there's a penalty here - you know beforehand if you've got the money or not, so who would place their Manager there if they cannot pay it?

Foreign Employees - Again, there's no "x1" on the space, but the rules hire say "hire one employee".
Same comment concerning penalty - you know beforehand if you can pay or not ...

The game is great, but has it's inconsistencies, especially the graphic layout.
Talking about inconsistencies - Output vs. production.
The output is what is printed on the card (important for "decrease output", e. g.), what the player receives is the production.
However, on page 12 it says "4. Output", but it must be "4. Production".
etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime de Marcos
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucyfer wrote:

Domestic Industry - The space says "x1", rules say "any one resource". There should be slashes between the resources. We said you may buy only 1 piece of 1 type of resource.
Wonder why there's a penalty here - you know beforehand if you've got the money or not, so who would place their Manager there if they cannot pay it?

To avoid that someone else goes there and so force him/her to go to imports instead? Sounds like a pretty obvious strategy against other players. The rule penalizes using the space simply to block it to other people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your fast reply. You've got a point there, concerning the penalty.

As you don't oppose to my other statements I assume you agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pantelis Bouboulis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, You are ready for Crisis exams Ferdinand!!!
You probably know the rules better than I do...

Le me clarify some things, although you understood them correctly.

1) I think this is straightforward. "The player who placed a Manager here receives 10 credits from foreign banks and loses 1 VP...." The rest of the text describes how to change the Loan track. So, you cannot take 2 Loans on a single action.

2) Perhaps you are right here. I am not that fluent in english to tell you for sure though. You can buy only 1 piece of 1 type of resource. In several actions, we include penalties as a measure to stop the oponent from ruining your game.

3) It also seems straightforward to me. Only one employee.

4) You are right about the difference between output and production. Perhaps we should have used another word there.

If I understand your comments, you would like a "x1" note in spaces Loan and Foreign Employee, right? To be honest, we didn't think that this was neccessary, but possibly it is better and more clear the way you described it. Hopefully, most gamers will have no problem with it.

Thanks for carefully reading the rules and for reporting back to us. I am hoping you 'll enjoy playing the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Pantelis,
thanks for your fast reply!
I'm glad I understood, and we played everything correctly, as most players will do.
Just the iconography (should have used that word before instead of "graphic design") and rules do not quite fit, in those cases, imho, and so I wanted to be dead sure about it.

Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joost Billiet
Belgium
Wielsbeke
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So this would also mean that if you put a manager on a building you can't pay you get a penalty token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a company that you choose not to buy (whether or not you have the money to afford it) despite having placed a manager there, you earn penalty tokens equal to the VP you would have earned for buying the company.

You can think of placing your manager there as signing a contract, promising to pay for the company. When you break the contract, you get penalized (and also don't receive the company).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.