Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are about to start Turn 8 and my opponent (Germans) had a Panzer HQ attacked and eliminated for 2 Turns during Game Turn 7 combat. Now in Turn 8, the German player must withdraw a Pz HQ - can he withdraw the Pz HQ that was eliminated or must it be from one of the three Pz HQs still on the map?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Marjoram
United States
Harbor City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a really good question, and I don't remember it ever coming up before. I defer to Ted, but I don't know whether he monitors BGG. If you need a ruling before he responds, I would say that you should withdraw an on-map HQ. (The rules say that you cannot withdraw a unit that does not have a line of communication, and I would say that this follows that spirit. I am also assuming that such units were withdrawn because they were needed elsewhere. So in this situation an HQ is still needed elsewhere and that need could only be satisfied by withdrawing a functioning HQ.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pmarjora wrote:
That's a really good question, and I don't remember it ever coming up before. I defer to Ted, but I don't know whether he monitors BGG. If you need a ruling before he responds, I would say that you should withdraw an on-map HQ. (The rules say that you cannot withdraw a unit that does not have a line of communication, and I would say that this follows that spirit. I am also assuming that such units were withdrawn because they were needed elsewhere. So in this situation an HQ is still needed elsewhere and that need could only be satisfied by withdrawing a functioning HQ.)

That pretty much confirms my thinking as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.