Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Bryce
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Manifestation Card: Popular Defense Committees

"Each liberating faction may build the following number of barricades (let's assume 2) around any district where they have an occupation"

If the student faction has three occupations, do I
a) choose one area of occupation out of the three and place 2 barricades
(total of 2 barricades placed)
b) put 2 barricades at each of the three occupation sites
(total of 6 barricades placed )
Or other?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyBGG Name
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a similar/more generalized question. A lot of the manifestation cards read so as to imply that they have an effect wherever the condition is met (districts with occupations, districts with riot vans/riot cops), but that interpretation seems overpowered. I'm guessing it's more like your description (a), where we pick a single qualifying district. That said, I wouldn't complain if the official interpretation is (b).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocket Lee
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Anarchocat vs paper riot vans!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question! I can see how that wording is confusing. :/

For both of my following examples, let's assume that the liberated district difficulty is 3.

For Popular Defense Committees: Each faction that has blocs that help liberate the district may build 2 barricades around any 1 district where they have an occupation. So, if you are the Students faction, you get to build 2 barricades around 1 district.

For Uprising: Each faction that has blocs that help liberate the district may defeat 2 riot cops in 1 or more districts as long as a riot van is also in the target district. So if you are the Students faction, you can choose to remove 1 riot cop from 2 different districts (2 total).

Hope that makes sense! Feel free to ask more clarifying questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolfkin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
a) choose one area of occupation out of the three and place 2 barricades
(total of 2 barricades placed)

This one. Any district not every district.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.