5 Posts

The Red Dragon Inn» Forums » General

Subject: Promo drink reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor leitner
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if any of the various RDI promo drinks will come back into circulation? After backing several kickstarters, compulsively checking ebay, buying the gencon ones off BGG, messaging anyone who claims to own the promos, etc. I am still short 11 cards to complete my RDI collection. The ones I'm missing are:

Barroom Brawl
Monster Attack
Gambler's Grog
Wizgille's Pheonomade
Wizard's Wine
Lucky Rabbit Foot
Ozrik's Powerale
Pretentious Wine
P5(pixie punch)
Half-Ogre Brew
Chain mail ale w/ chaser

And on a slightly related note I'd like to ask why there is no Remy themed drink. Come on slugfest, he's such an awesome character that he definitely deserves it.

Secondly I'd like to suggest for future promo drinks that I'd love more drink events. I currently have 2 30-card drink decks I use which combines all my favorite drinks from 1-5 and promos. I've done my best to keep a similar balance to the base decks in terms of beneficial drinks, drink events, power level on drinks, etc. But there is a lot more variety on the drinks than the drink events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Waller
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The short answer is: Maybe, but no promises.

Cards that were rewarded to SlugCrew are going to take the longest to see a reprint because we are extremely proud of our volunteers and their efforts, which your list is primarily composed of. We do not, at this time, make any promises that these cards will or will not be reprinted.

As you can tell, the other promos are a bit more flexibly available.

There are a LOT of characters who don't have signature drunks yet. We try to mix and match the sets and drinks/events so it gets pretty evenly spread out across the available characters though.

As far as events are concerned, we primarily use that mechanic for cards that we don't want getting mucked around with by a bunch of character cards. So really that depends on how interesting/complex the card effect is. We aren't designing with any particular pattern of X Drinks per Y Event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor leitner
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, thanks for the quick response! It is interesting to see some of the design approach on the drinks/events side of things. And a maybe does hold out some hope for future completion.

Rereading my post I think the Remy comment might have came off as accusatory. Definitely wasn't meant that way. As my favorite character I'd love to see a Drence Draught or Duelist Delicious Daiquiri or some such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Waller
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No problemo. Absolutely did not take offense, we see a lot of passionate language for all the characters cause everyone has a favorite. We definitely have some ideas for Remy, just don't have a specific timeline for when we'll get to him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor leitner
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw the awesome news on the RDI6 kickstarter and have cast my vote for the wenches!

If you guys accidentally included some older promos as an add-on I would personally have no objections . Maybe leave off the season 2016/17 rewards cards in fairness to the guys working hard to get them early.

And not that I really get a vote but you have at least one fan who'd like to see new drink events and a Remy card make it into 6!

EDIT: Sorry to keep spamming you. What exactly does Russian Mimic or Spanish Seriously Strong Spirits do? I am assuming the card text is different in those two languages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.