Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Mule
United States
Williamsville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Lord of hammers card give your leader the ability listed on the card and +3 strength? It seems like that would be OP for a mere 1 one time payment of 3 rage.

The rule book states that the number in the red circle is the cards strength, but I have a feeling we were playing it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Scoopskipotatoes wrote:
Does the Lord of hammers card give your leader the ability listed on the card and +3 strength? It seems like that would be OP for a mere 1 one time payment of 3 rage.

The rule book states that the number in the red circle is the cards strength, but I have a feeling we were playing it wrong.

The rule book states that the number in the red circle is the cards strength... That is your answer, unless something specifically says it changes the units strength.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Mule
United States
Williamsville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so then your leader is strength 6 for the whole game for a cost of 3 rage in the first age. Just seems pretty powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the answer is the card strength is the new figure strengthen as well. Therefore the leaders strength is still 3.

Where this really makes a difference is the warrior upgrade cards. For example the one in the 3rd age (I forget the name) but the card strength is 2 and it says every pair of your warriors has the strength of 6. But the card itself also increases the strength of the individual warriors to 2 as the card strength itself becomes the figure strength. In this way, you can still use the 3rd age upgrade to your warriors without losing the benefit of the 2nd age upgrade (if you had it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Scoopskipotatoes wrote:
so then your leader is strength 6 for the whole game for a cost of 3 rage in the first age. Just seems pretty powerful.

Where are you getting the addition from? The red circle says 3, not 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Mule
United States
Williamsville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that's what we did wrong. The leaders strength is already 3 so my friend added the 3 on the card to his original strength. But I guess we should have interpreted it as it stays at 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scoopskipotatoes wrote:
I guess that's what we did wrong. The leaders strength is already 3 so my friend added the 3 on the card to his original strength. But I guess we should have interpreted it as it stays at 3.

You played that it had 6 str? Man, first time I see that happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But nobody said you could have more than one upgrade on the same unit. He was just making a point regarding unit STR, which was that a player can upgrade warriors with the age 3 upgrade without losing the benefit provided by the age 2 upgrade (STR 2 warriors).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.