Jaded Lounges
United States
Vashon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Noli me tangere, Caesaris sum.
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Mining Fleet, the Romulan Player may use a Command to take 2 Production tokens "when this Fleet occupies an Undeveloped System or Phenomenon." My question is what happens when a Crisis Card is drawn during Exploration using the Romulan Mining Fleet.

This raises issues about when a Fleet or ship "occupies" an "undeveloped system." It comes up when a ship/Fleet discovers and enters a new System, then draws a Planetary System, then draws an Exploration card that turns out to be a Crisis Card that presents a hazard or otherwise may destroy ships.

If the Romulan Mining Fleet enters such a Planetary System and draws such a Crisis Card, can the Romulan activate Mining and take 2 Production tokens before encountering the Crisis, or do the Fleet ships have to encounter the Crisis Card first, potentially losing ships and potentially requiring disbanding of the Fleet before the Romulan has an opportunity to activate Mining?

[We thought the latter made more sense, since it can't be known whether the planet is undeveloped until the Exploration Card is drawn, and once it's drawn and is a Crisis, it should be immediately encountered.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I would think the exploration card must be resolved before anything else when discovering a new system or moving into one with a persisting exploration card effect. Hazard rolls definitely come first before anything else can be accomplished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You spend a command token to explore a new system. You need to resolve this before you can spend another command to have the mining fleet collect production.

1. Spend a command to explore a new system:
A. Draw the system tile and resolve any hazard on the tile.
B. Draw and resolve an exploration card if the system is a planetary system.
2. Spend a command to collect resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.