$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Burano» Forums » General

Subject: Pieces not cut properly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Avatar
I just got this and the larger pieces in the worker sheet are not punched even remotely well. All the lace factories tore. And it is moldy although not as bad as some. I am more annoyed that you would need a small exacto knife and hours just to punch one sheet.

Really poor production. Will write publisher I guess.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's so odd ! My copy was perfect. Sorry to hear that. 'Aybrvtheyll replace it. It's a great game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Avatar
Did get a quick reply from the publisher who suggested I air the game out for the smell. It's definitely the cubes. I have everything sitting in the garage in box lids. May try a very dilute bleach wash on the cubes to try and kill the smell (realized it was the cubes once I got the bag open-just enough odor permeated the bag to cause the cardboard to smell slightly). Publisher says that the manufacturer sealed the pieces in the bag before the paint was dry, which is obviously going to cause chemical and mold issues. Yuck.

With respect to the poorly cut sheet, he says they will send a replacement soon. I hope they do as one of the time discs tore and the lace factories are so badly damaged that you can hardly read them.

While I appreciate the publisher's response, I think a minimal expectation is that you would not need to engage in bleach washes of game pieces and days of airing the game to make it playable. Oh well!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey W

Bonney Lake
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put the blocks in a bag filled with baking soda for 3 days. It helped but didn't eliminate the odor entirely and now can play the game without noticing the smell. I would be interested if the diluted bleach wash helps.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Did get a quick reply from the publisher who suggested I air the game out for the smell. It's definitely the cubes. I have everything sitting in the garage in box lids. May try a very dilute bleach wash on the cubes to try and kill the smell (realized it was the cubes once I got the bag open-just enough odor permeated the bag to cause the cardboard to smell slightly). Publisher says that the manufacturer sealed the pieces in the bag before the paint was dry, which is obviously going to cause chemical and mold issues. Yuck.

With respect to the poorly cut sheet, he says they will send a replacement soon. I hope they do as one of the time discs tore and the lace factories are so badly damaged that you can hardly read them.

While I appreciate the publisher's response, I think a minimal expectation is that you would not need to engage in bleach washes of game pieces and days of airing the game to make it playable. Oh well!


I don't mean this in a snarky way but I'm sure it will come across that way...just consider yourself VERY lucky to get such a quick response and one where they are going to ship you a new punch board. That sounds like exceptional CS to me.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Avatar
yatescory wrote:
she2 wrote:
Did get a quick reply from the publisher who suggested I air the game out for the smell. It's definitely the cubes. I have everything sitting in the garage in box lids. May try a very dilute bleach wash on the cubes to try and kill the smell (realized it was the cubes once I got the bag open-just enough odor permeated the bag to cause the cardboard to smell slightly). Publisher says that the manufacturer sealed the pieces in the bag before the paint was dry, which is obviously going to cause chemical and mold issues. Yuck.

With respect to the poorly cut sheet, he says they will send a replacement soon. I hope they do as one of the time discs tore and the lace factories are so badly damaged that you can hardly read them.

While I appreciate the publisher's response, I think a minimal expectation is that you would not need to engage in bleach washes of game pieces and days of airing the game to make it playable. Oh well!


I don't mean this in a snarky way but I'm sure it will come across that way...just consider yourself VERY lucky to get such a quick response and one where they are going to ship you a new punch board. That sounds like exceptional CS to me.


I agree that it was good of them to ship that out, but that doesn't make the original state of the game acceptable in the slightest. I think their customer service is great. But I would never buy a game from them ever again based on what I got out of the box. The smell was really unreal. You can't laud them for one thing and completely overlook the basic problems with the game as sold. And I'm not the only one that got a game with the smell issue based on another thread in this forum. Also really, I was really lucky? That's nice that you're really lucky to get something from a game company that you should have expected to get when you bought the game.

I aired the pieces out in the garage and they are now to the point where I can play even though they still smell.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deleted112516 wrote:
I just got this and the larger pieces in the worker sheet are not punched even remotely well. All the lace factories tore. And it is moldy although not as bad as some. I am more annoyed that you would need a small exacto knife and hours just to punch one sheet.

Really poor production. Will write publisher I guess.


one of my punch sheets was really bad, i need to write for replacements as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Ervin
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received a copy fo Burano and am also experienced the issue with the poor cutting. For me it's about half of the lace factories and 5 coins. No problems with smell for me.

I have just sent an email to boardgamelove@bgl.com.tw so hopefully I'll receive replacements soon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Gianou
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey.

I had the same Component Issue with bad cuts. About 8 ruined lace tiles and some coins. Wondering if you had any luck hearing back from publisher? I've sent about 3 emails with no response.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Reeves

Texas
msg tools
Also had component problems. My game was missing 2 types of roof tiles. They doubled up on the other 2 types. And, my main island board was slightly warped as well. I emailed to the address given in a few of the threads here. Hope to hear back quick! Can't wait to play this beautiful game!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.