$35.00
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A few questions for those who already played the game.

What parts/decks of the game are used/shuffled the most?

Is it better if the players decks are sleeved in different colors? Or should they be transparent or have the same color?

Can one player give a card to another player during the game, giving up the ownership of that card for that scenario?

How many sleeves do I really need? What if I protect only some of the cards? And will I have frustrating logistical problems later on, in the form of switching cards in and out of sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "evil" deck is mostly shuffled only once and rarely ever touched by players. In LoTR I do not sleeve those cards and it is perfectly fine. I don't think I will sleeve the mini cards that represent investigators.

I sleeve cards that are often held in hand...and currently there are ~80 such cards in a core (150 if you buy two core sets). My guess is that they will rarely change hands, but if you want to deckbuild you want them all to have the same background (why not use transparent sleeves?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adventurous Moose

LOUISVILLE
KY - Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
In LotR I sleeve everything due to constantly changing player decks and encounter decks.

In this game I intend to only sleeve the current decks and the encounter decks. Due to this game not having the massive amount of deck modifications that LotR requires I see no reason to not put the cards in binders and sleeve them when they are added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a simple mnemonic for you: ASAC Always Sleeve All Cards
Here's another one: ABPS Always Buy Premium Sleeves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Lapsley
United States
Verona
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To sleeve all standard cards, 250 sleeves will cover it (for the core set). If you REALLY want to sleeve everything, you'll also need 5 of the smaller ones for the investigator cards (little cards that show where you are).

You will want to sleeve all player cards and all the encounter cards, this covers ~200 of the cards. The rest are investigator stats (5 cards), scenario cards (~20) and location cards (~20). These do not get shuffled as they are set up at the beginning of the scenario and don't really move/change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Scutt
United Kingdom
Matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
coyotemoon722 wrote:
Here's a simple mnemonic for you: ASAC Always Sleeve All Cards
Here's another one: ABPS Always Buy Premium Sleeves

...or the other mnemonic LTSTSC Life's Too Short To Sleeve Cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor S
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
There ARE situations where you will need to shuffle the encounter deck potentially several times per scenario. However, as someone who painstakingly sleeved all of LOTR:LCG, I will NOT be sleeving this game. It's a casual cooperative game -- not the world series of poker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
DrFunkenstein wrote:
It's a casual cooperative game -- not the world series of poker.

Word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DrFunkenstein wrote:
It's a casual cooperative game -- not the world series of poker.

There are other reasons to sleeve, other than to prevent marked cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Trang
United States
California
flag msg tools
If you're used to being patient and I know we are due to being FFG fans, you can always risk it and just get a replacement card(s) if anything gets damaged through elder ones/cats/spills from their great customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chamberlain
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless, of course, you plan on getting any of their Print on Demand stuff, to which you'll want it sleeved. Also, if any of your cars replacements are PoD. Whatever prices they use, those cards tend to come out a little larger, grainier to the touch, and slightly off color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
For LCGs I only sleeve the decks that I'm playing with currently. Everything else is safely stored in a box or in a card binder. I can see why some people feel the need to sleeve their entire collection, but I just don't got the time for all that.

I only sleeve the player cards since they get shuffled and handle way more than the encounter cards. Also in past LCGs it's been valuable because it ensures cards aren't inadvertently marked, it hides POD quality cards and can enable the use of proxies. Therefore if you are like me that's at most 33*4=132 sleeves, and then some extras to account for cards the campaign might add to your deck and also replace broken sleeves. Sleeve often will come in packs of 50 so 3 packs seems perfectly reasonable to me. Hopefully you get some sleeves with thematically appropriate art on the back

I do put all the encounter cards on a mat to ensure they don't get damaged accidently from a dirty or sticky table (which is a possibility in a public area). That's really my only concern for those cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For LotR I use penny sleeves for the Encounter Deck (because there are millions, and there's no way I'm buying that many sleeves), just to prevent against accidentally damage / reduce the likelihood of me having to strangle the oik who brings cake to the table mid-game, and gives it to people who then don't wash their hands [/OCD]

For player cards, I keep the collection at large unsleeves in boxes- sorted by sphere, type, and then alphabetically - I use premium/art sleeves (really hoping FFG will re-release some of the old Cthulhu Art sleeves) for current decks, which I store in deck-boxes.

Haven't seen anything yet which makes me think I'll do anything very different for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.