Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So something crazy happened to me at work today. As my avatar shows, I am a nuclear worker. Right now we're in the middle of our refueling outage, and I was working near our spent fuel pool while we were moving fuel rod assemblies back into the core as part of the core reload. Due to the fantastic weather lately, apparently yellow jackets have decided to make nests nearby.

I got stung by one today. Literally stung by a radioactive yellow jacket.

I will be sure to report back if I develop any superhuman powers. Although knowing my luck, I will wake up tomorrow with new insect arms and the head of a yellow jacket or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a pain in the ass, I can tell you. And I mean that literally, as I was recently bitten by a radioactive dragonfly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TyrellArcher wrote:
It's a pain in the ass, I can tell you. And I mean that literally, as I was recently bitten by a radioactive dragonfly.

Huh...never thought dragonflies could sting me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:

Oh yeah. I've been bitten by one on my finger before (not a radioactive one though) and it hurt. A lot! The good news is that, for me at least, the pain only lasted a few minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
okami31 wrote:

Oh yeah. I've been bitten by one on my finger before (not a radioactive one though) and it hurt. A lot! The good news is that, for me at least, the pain only lasted a few minutes.

I've been stung by a wasp on my back while driving. Very painful.

Something to keep in mind while driving with the windows down during spring/summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:
TyrellArcher wrote:

Correcting myself. Dragonflies don't have stingers; they have mandibles.

The other users never said stingers when talking about them. Only me. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:

Something to keep in mind while driving with the windows down during spring/summer.

I had a (non-radioactive AFAIK) bee fly up the sleeve of my motorcycle jacket then sting my upper arm once. Took all I had not to jerk the handlebars which likely would have sent me into a ditch. Hurt like hell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bratty wrote:
okami31 wrote:

I had a (non-radioactive AFAIK) bee fly up the sleeve of my motorcycle jacket then sting my upper arm once. Took all I had not to jerk the handlebars which likely would have sent me into a ditch. Hurt like hell.

Yeah, I remember my whole upper body tensing up as if the muscles were locking in place due to the pain. Good thing I was driving on a regular straight road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
I will be sure to report back if I develop any superhuman powers. Although knowing my luck, I will wake up tomorrow with new insect arms and the head of a yellow jacket or something.

Assuming this happens (which it obviously will), how will you report back? Won't the insect arms make it quite difficult to type?

I guess as long as you don't reply we can assume that you've turned into a radioactive-wasp-monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:

Assuming this happens (which it obviously will), how will you report back? Won't the insect arms make it quite difficult to type?

I guess as long as you don't reply we can assume that you've turned into a radioactive-wasp-monster.

He will need you to coach him through his metamorphosis as you know a thing or two about radiation-induced mutations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Day 1: Nothing new to report, unfortunately. Although I had some crazy vivid dreams last night, which I'm pretty sure superhero movies have taught me is Phase 1. So perhaps tomorrow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryon Hake
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be especially aware of coworkers who become jealous of your powers.

Also, remember that with a marginal increase in power comes a marginal increase in responsibility. So, maybe expect more to do at work.

For code names, I recommend Yellow Jacket. You could wear a, um, yellow jacket to hide your insect arms. Not sure what to do about covering the insect head. Maybe a lifelike rubber mask?

Stay away from large, glowing lights, no matter how beautiful they look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For tonight's viewing:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.