Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it bother anybody else that the sleaziest billionaire of all, George Soros, who has countless times taken down various countries' economies for his own profit, and currently has a huge bet on America to fail, is trying to make sure that Hillary Clinton gets elected?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
angry Yes, and on this Wednesday I'm going to get one of them 'hats' in which to alter it into: TRUMP-G.Soros "Make America Great-FAIL again!" And he shall! robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
Does it bother anybody else that the sleaziest billionaire of all, George Soros, who has countless times taken down various countries' economies for his own profit, and currently has a huge bet on America to fail, is trying to make sure that Hillary Clinton gets elected?
What's there to be bothered about? He did the same back in 2004 when our most embarrassing and dumbest president was running. His help didn't succeed then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Alexandria (temporarily)
Virginia
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

A fair and balanced take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
Why should I suddenly be bothered when a businessman makes a profit on his investments? Is the free market not a good thing after all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

He was already supporting Obama, so why would it be a problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Cool wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

I don't think he had this huge short bet on Obama that he has on Hillary's America.

You'd think if he wanted to make money, he'd try to support Trump which would make his shorts pay off bigtime because the market hates uncertainty and NOBODY knows what Trump will do while with Clinton, there is 100% certainty of massive corruption.

However, he has a massive (I mean YUUUUUUGE!) short bet on our markets and he wants Clinton, meaning he thinks her presidency will even be more profitable to his bet on America's economic downfall than having Trump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Alexandria (temporarily)
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

However, he has a massive (I mean YUUUUUUGE!) short bet on our markets and he wants Clinton, meaning he thinks her presidency will even be more profitable to his bet on America's economic downfall than having Trump.

Would you care to share your evidence that Soros is shorting the entire American market?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

The loss finally sinking in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
Joe Cool wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

I don't think he had this huge short bet on Obama that he has on Hillary's America.

You'd think if he wanted to make money, he'd try to support Trump which would make his shorts pay off bigtime because the market hates uncertainty and NOBODY knows what Trump will do while with Clinton, there is 100% certainty of massive corruption.

So, will you tsk tsk tsk me for making money off the market, via shorting, since the Comey letter?

'Cause I did.

PS... Should I now not vote for Hillary, to appease your interesting setting on the Hypocrisy Detector 3000?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

Would you care to share your evidence that Soros is shorting the entire American market?

http://investmentwatchblog.com/george-soros-is-shorting-the-...

Apparently you don't follow the markets like at all because it's pretty old news which I hear at least once a week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

Apparently you don't follow the markets like at all because it's pretty old news which I hear at least once a week.

Interesting investment blog that has the "breaking news" on pedophilia charges against the Clintons from Infowars
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"The billionaires that own the party I hate are bad! The ones that own MY party are okay, though!" Partisan cynicism is nearing its endgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

So, you may follow them, but you don't understand them. Otherwise, you wouldn't think that a common investment strategy is bad.

It's only bad if you lose money when using it. I regularly bet against companies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
Joe Cool wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

Yeah, we know these stories.
It's the talking points that you are expected to broadcast, like here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/4xlrtu/the_stum...

Basically, trumpists can not think by themselves apparently, so someone made a list for them.
A list as trustable as Trump of course. You know, the guy who lies about facts that are public knowledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

Ohhh, shit. This right-wing "blog" is hilarious. Yeah, not surprised you slurp its juice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
George Soros is worth roughly $25B. If he's smart (apparently a lot smarter than Trump by net worth), he's got most of that invested, probably in the US.

So, a hedge (counter-investment) of a few billion is entirely reasonable, if he thinks Trump might win--and the polls are not indicating a lock for either candidate.

A prudent investor will make plays for both outcomes. If possible, he'll make a play toward uncertainty being removed, or a play that will benefit either way. It's not about betting; it's not about being on a "side"; it's about making money with as much safety as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well on the brighter side it's not quite the because 'Jew' defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Alexandria (temporarily)
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

Here's that stellar website's mission statement: "This is the place for people who are pro-capitalism, pro-business, pro-market, truth seeker, and anti-MSM."

"anti-MSM" explains it.

And this: "To uncover false flags, hoaxes or PSYOPs, propaganda, and disinformation" underscores the impression I got from skimming this website - it's on a par with Info Wars only with fewer satanic rituals and alien conspiracies.

Unfortunately, the fact you get your "news" from this site proves you don't really know what you're talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

Here's that stellar website's mission statement: "This is the place for people who are pro-capitalism, pro-business, pro-market, truth seeker, and anti-MSM."

"anti-MSM" explains it.

And this: "To uncover false flags, hoaxes or PSYOPs, propaganda, and disinformation" underscores the impression I got from skimming this website - it's on a par with Info Wars only with fewer satanic rituals and alien conspiracies.

Unfortunately, the fact you get your "news" from this site proves you don't really know what you're talking about.

are we really surprised this is a well she frequents? C'mon... it's like meth to the fringe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

Pretty sure Trump is the "sleaziest" billionaire at this point. Pussy grabbing usually gets you that moniker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

I will pray for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

Easy RSP rule of thumb:

Money in politics is good, if it's helping Democrats.
Money in politics is bad, if it's helping Republicans.

No, and I hope this is one area where everyone should agree. We should get dirty money out of all politics. It's legal bribery and until we have publicly funded elections we will have a farce of a democracy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
George Soros is worth roughly $25B. If he's smart (apparently a lot smarter than Trump by net worth), he's got most of that invested, probably in the US.

So, a hedge (counter-investment) of a few billion is entirely reasonable, if he thinks Trump might win--and the polls are not indicating a lock for either candidate.

A prudent investor will make plays for both outcomes. If possible, he'll make a play toward uncertainty being removed, or a play that will benefit either way. It's not about betting; it's not about being on a "side"; it's about making money with as much safety as possible.

That's true, but the WSJ article from which this is sourced gives another explanation: Soros thinks a financial crisis will be coming due to an implosion of the Chinese market. Our markets are substantially exposed to theirs, so that makes sense.

If my borderline financial literacy is up to the predictive task, that probably would also mean American bond yields might well drop below zero--even if the U.S. market differs some, I have the impression turmoil elsewhere tends to push investment toward safety here. I wonder whether that's part of the problem with companies hoarding so much cash--when times get rough, capital flows to government, even at terrible rates, rather than taking risks on private companies. So relying on capital markets to help you through a patch of limited liquidity is less sensible than it would be if governments (especially ours) were less interested in borrowing at better than free rates to engage in counter-cyclical spending.

Anyway, no, this doesn't trouble me. The economy has been reasonably stably improving long enough that I do wonder when it's going to turn around again. Seems we're due for a recession. With Clinton as President, I expect it'll be less likely to turn into a catastrophe than it would with Trump. But I imagine the suggestion of the question was that maybe Soros is very smart, and supports Clinton because he has shorted the U.S. economy and thinks she's more likely to make that bet pay off. I think that's kind of silly, but if you want to make an argument for it involving premises and a conclusion rather than innuendo and suggestion, I'll give it my attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

With Trump on the field, I"m not sure we can talk about the sleaziest anythings anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.