$20.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Dust 1947» Forums » Rules

Subject: Airborne Skill Can't Be Shared rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kriegschatten
msg tools
mbmbmb
The question came up in the Facebook group recently if the Airborne skill can be shared by a Hero with the unit he joins if they don't already have it (or vice versa).

Here is the response from Olivier Zamfirescu:

"- no the skill can't be shared with another Unit that doesn't have it.
- no you can't Airborne in any type of Terrain. You have to arrive in Open Terrain or you can't land."

Which seems fair (although it does destroy my dreams of adding Tanya to a group of Fallschirmjager to help their survivability).
1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the ruling above.

I remember seeing something in the new rules (v3) about all skills being shared with the unit a figure joins except if the skill specifically states otherwise.

I'm too tired right now to look it up, but I will soon, and post a reference to it here...I hope that I'm not mixing the v2 rules with the v3 rules.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recall reading the intital question, which noted that (as Marwab says), that since skills are shared unless the skill specifically states, and since Airborne does NOT state it, Airborne can therefore be shared.

While I'm not denying that Olivier has ruled otherwise, was there a reason given? If its "because typo", then fine, but otherwise I'd like to know why he gave a ruling that (seemingly) blatantly contradicts the rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriegschatten
msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, here's his response in full:

"Hello guys, that's a good question. The Airborne skill is explained in great detail in the forthcoming Operation Kondor (it's mostly Luftwaffe in there...). So to answer your questions now:
- no the skill can't be shared with another Unit that doesn't have it.
- no you can't Airborne in any type of Terrain. You have to arrive in Open Terrain or you can't land.
Cheers,
Olivier."


So, basically it sounds like the rule in the brand new 1947 rulebook (which isn't even out yet) was just a placeholder until the real rule gets released in the next expansion.


Typical Dust Games antics. shake
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriegschatten
msg tools
mbmbmb
I noticed another uncertainty regarding this rule.

Since the Airborne rule states that an Airborne unit *must* be deployed in a special manner, and the Airborne skill can't be shared, does that mean you can *never* pair a non-Airborne Hero with an Airborne squad?


I asked this on the Facebook page, but so far, no response.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kriegschatten wrote:
I noticed another uncertainty regarding this rule.

Since the Airborne rule states that an Airborne unit *must* be deployed in a special manner, and the Airborne skill can't be shared, does that mean you can *never* pair a non-Airborne Hero with an Airborne squad?


I asked this on the Facebook page, but so far, no response.


I would think that once the airborne unit has landed, any hero can join it. I would not apply this to Raketenkorps units, however.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Westie wrote:
I would think that once the airborne unit has landed, any hero can join it. I would not apply this to Raketenkorps units, however.
In V3, Heores cannot join a Unit during a game (only before the start of the game).

On the question of Airborne Units and non-Airborne Heroes: I haven't seen an official answer yet, but my guess is that the Hero can join the Unit before the game, but they cannot use Airborne so they have to deploy normally.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MagWiz wrote:
Westie wrote:
I would think that once the airborne unit has landed, any hero can join it. I would not apply this to Raketenkorps units, however.
In V3, Heores cannot join a Unit during a game (only before the start of the game).

On the question of Airborne Units and non-Airborne Heroes: I haven't seen an official answer yet, but my guess is that the Hero can join the Unit before the game, but they cannot use Airborne so they have to deploy normally.


You're right, my mistake.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.