28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter Question - How do you buy addons? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Giant Inconvenience of Planet X
msg tools
So I sent a mail through kickstarter to the guy running it when the 1st addon was spoiled buy still no reply.

Maybe you guys know?...

I backed the 90bucks or w/e it was for the full game and all stretch goals and w.e... but how do you pay for the addons? Do we add more funds to the pledge, or do we hate a shopping cart kind of thing to pick the addons we want at the end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just have to add funds to your pledge. Easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
How do they know what addon you want then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hestis
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
There's a blue button right by your pledge amount that says "Manage." Click on that. I believe the next thing you have to click on is "Change your pledge." Then all you have to do is up your pledge amount to include the add-on.
You will also be able to add funds after the campaign in the pledge manager, but doing it while the campaign is active helps unlock stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hestis
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
GasPumpGirl wrote:
How do they know what addon you want then?

You'll be able to specify what you want when they send out the pledge manager.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Lanza
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
You go to the "manage your pledge" button and just add the amount of the add-on you want.

At the end of the campaign, you will get an email to go to a KS campaign manager. You allocate the money you pledged to the add-ons you want.

As you allocate the your full total gets deducted until you selected all your options and your pledge total is zero mean you made all your allocations.

You also have the option to wait until the end, however, by adding your pledge now it ups the total and we all get closer to the next stretch goal.

If everyone waited until the end, we would probably have no stretch goals or bonus items.

This is how all KS usually run.

As a new add-on is announced, I personally change my pledge to add that amount to my existing pledge. This way it helps the campaign and it is easier for me to remember than to do it at the end.

Hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
So you add the funds and then there is a "pledge manager" at the end where you can add more if you like and also select what you want form the extra funds you added?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Lanza
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
GasPumpGirl wrote:
So you add the funds and then there is a "pledge manager" at the end where you can add more if you like and also select what you want form the extra funds you added?

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Ok.. I changed to 178 then.. 99+15+49+15 for the God Pledge and 3 Addons. I think if there is any more though I will wait for the pledge manager as getting hit with that huge credit card bill in one go is enough... the pledge manager is a good way to spread the cost over two payments spaced apart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
GasPumpGirl wrote:

The Pledge Manager will happen after the campaign ends. For now, you just change the quantity in your pledge. (Technically, you could just wait until the campaign is about to end and then change your pledge to make sure you're covered for everything you want to buy, but of course it helps for the total pledges to increase sooner in order to unlock stretch goals.)

Personally, I am hoping they'll make it easy by adding an "All-in" pledge at the end, for those who want to buy everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GasPumpGirl wrote:
if there is any more though I will wait for the pledge manager as getting hit with that huge credit card bill in one go is enough...

We're only a few days in, expect to see many more add-ons, unfortunately (or not, if you like spending $400 in a single KS whistle).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Geoff wrote:
GasPumpGirl wrote:
if there is any more though I will wait for the pledge manager as getting hit with that huge credit card bill in one go is enough...

We're only a few days in, expect to see many more add-ons, unfortunately (or not, if you like spending $400 in a single KS whistle).

no one would pay 400+ bucks on a game they have never played, or seen reviewed, or get for 3 years... would they? I mean you would have to be insane, or rich.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
GasPumpGirl wrote:
Geoff wrote:
GasPumpGirl wrote:

no one would pay 400+ bucks on a game they have never played, or seen reviewed, or get for 3 years... would they? I mean you would have to be insane, or rich.

Or both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
gee and the video gamers complain about a 30buck pre-order early access on steam rofl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Enns
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh people do
You're already spending close to $200 on a game that you've never seen or played and once you do pay up front won't see for probably at least one year, maybe more depending on who's running the Kickstarter

I myself was tempted to get Deep Madness but with the Canadian Dollar doing what it is it would have cost me close to $200 CAD with shipping just for the base game

$100 + $25 = $125 X 1.38 ( for exchange ) = $173 close enough to $200 that it may as well be $200
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
syliconslycer wrote:
You're already spending close to $200 on a game that you've never seen or played and once you do pay up front won't see for probably at least one year, maybe more depending on who's running the Kickstarter

To be fair I have played the original a zillion times, so I kinda know what the game will be .... but I have dropped my pledge back down to the base level for now... if the add to much more stuff.. I'll probably back out and just buy it retail, if ever. I find this modern trend of "endless expansions" to be really gauche.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L S
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
syliconslycer wrote:
Oh people do

I myself was tempted to get Deep Madness but with the Canadian Dollar doing what it is it would have cost me close to $200 CAD with shipping just for the base game

$100 + $25 = $125 X 1.38 ( for exchange ) = $173 close enough to $200 that it may as well be $200

I think it's worth pointing out that this objection applies to the project at hand to a much lesser extent than most other KS campaigns.

Don't get me wrong: I agree that 200$ is indeed a lot to spend on a pure luxury item like a board game - but, unlike other KS projects that indeed expect you to buy a pig in a poke, this one was available for public testing at numerous gaming events during the past ~18 months, plus it's a remake of an already published game that you could take for a test drive if you can't attend any major gaming fairs.

So, if there ever was a KS project where backers actually had the opportunity to see and play the game before they made their decision, this one is a good candidate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
Leo put the number of people who played the game on the Mythic Battles tour at around 2500, so lots of people have already played, though from the number of backers there's clearly many who have not. That said, between Beasts of War and Tric Trac, everyone who wants to see the game can do so. I haven't encountered a similar big box minis boardgame KS that has been anywhere near as developed in both gameplay and components by the time the campaign started. There are some grey areas in which our information is still a little limited, such as the co-op and campaign modes, and I understand anyone who only wants the game for those modes feeling like they haven't seen that yet. Those interested in the main skirmish mode and/or the minis have seen every bit as much as they could have had they been researching a game which was available at retail.

For my part, I'm among the 2500. I've played it four times, but was sold after the first (hence the subsequent three lol). The only thing which will stop me going all in during the campaign is not actually having enough money to cover it, and not owning Conan (so not needing the Conan crossover add-on). Between the campaign and the pledge manager, though, I plan on getting as much as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randombias wrote:
Don't get me wrong: I agree that 200$ is indeed a lot to spend on a pure luxury item like a board game - but, unlike other KS projects that indeed expect you to buy a pig in a poke, this one was available for public testing at numerous gaming events during the past ~18 months, plus it's a remake of an already published game that you could take for a test drive if you can't attend any major gaming fairs.

So, if there ever was a KS project where backers actually had the opportunity to see and play the game before they made their decision, this one is a good candidate.

Personally I think the original game's rating of a 7.1 isn't all that bad to start with at all - and this installment will be more streamlined, prettier and with far more options. I also love the theme so I feel rather safe about this game.

The game has indeed been tested extensively, but that was the "core" game. Like games as M:tG, Guild Wars and such I am a bit afraid that 70% of the minis won't be used a lot because after playing a lot, there will always be a few best choices that everyone that wants to win will take.
I remember my M:tG box of which I only used a few small part because most cards were just subpar. It's my hope that ther ewill be things like "boostst all X type of units" so the weaker ones will stay viable in a themed "deck".
Basically what I want to say that there is a risk that you spend a lot of money on (sometimes) gorgeous minis - that you will never use.

Anyway, I think I must be a bit crazy and not too poor ... cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GasPumpGirl wrote:
.... but I have dropped my pledge back down to the base level for now... if the add to much more stuff.. I'll probably back out and just buy it retail, if ever. I find this modern trend of "endless expansions" to be really gauche.

As others have said, there will be more add-ons. Poseidon expansion (big expansion like Hephaistos) is a given, already. And surely there is more to come. They did say, it will not be quite as much as during the Conan campaign, so in the end you will look at $300-500 for the whole package. Probably somewhere in the middle.

Either way, you are far better off buying the game on Kickstarter compared to retail. Stretch goals add tremendous amount of value to the game.

What you can do (and what many others do), just pledge for the base level, which is by far the best value (compared to adding add-ons), because of the huge amount of stretch goals. Maybe (if you want them) add the KS exclusive add-ons (don't think they are a necessity, but this is the only real chance to get them), or just a selection of them. Then, you will get a very nice package for a decent price, and you can wait until you have played the game, before you add the bigger expansions (they also included some KS exclusives in those, but unless you are a completionist, it should be fine without those).

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GasPumpGirl wrote:

As I DVM (i.e. give me everything) backer for Cthulhu Wars I can confirm that people do! Unfortunately I cannot claim to be be rich. Insane I will leave to others to decide...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GasPumpGirl wrote:
Geoff wrote:
GasPumpGirl wrote:

Yes they can. Yes they will. Yes they do. And then some more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
simondtaylor wrote:
GasPumpGirl wrote:

Yes they can. Yes they will. Yes they do. And then some more.

Definitely!! cool

With a previous version of the game and all the playtesting and gameplay vids I think you're not really completely in the dark anymore.
Chances are I'll go all-in and even pledge for an extra copy as a gift.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Lanza
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Teowulff wrote:
Randombias wrote:

Personally I think the original game's rating of a 7.1 isn't all that bad to start with at all - and this installment will be more streamlined, prettier and with far more options. I also love the theme so I feel rather safe about this game.

The game has indeed been tested extensively, but that was the "core" game. Like games as M:tG, Guild Wars and such I am a bit afraid that 70% of the minis won't be used a lot because after playing a lot, there will always be a few best choices that everyone that wants to win will take.
I remember my M:tG box of which I only used a few small part because most cards were just subpar. It's my hope that ther ewill be things like "boostst all X type of units" so the weaker ones will stay viable in a themed "deck".
Basically what I want to say that there is a risk that you spend a lot of money on (sometimes) gorgeous minis - that you will never use.

Anyway, I think I must be a bit crazy and not too poor ... cool

The moderator and Leo in various videos have talked about the use of characters from the exclusive and expansions and have stated that the game remains balanced no matter the combo you picked. On BoW, the discussion came up prior to the live game where during a play test with the BoW team, one person picked almost exclusively monsters and another soldiers and guess what, it was still even play.

This may end up like Infinity. There are no really bad teams and the worst combo can beat the best combo except it will require much more work. I am fine with that. The point system will limit what you can field. If you do not balance your force between offense and defense you can have a hell of a time during play.

My brother just happen to be in the same city as Gencom 2016 and was able to play and texted me to just buy it after he was done. And this is rare since it takes him a month to decide on which toothbrush to purchase.

I believe the game will be on the top of the hot list after it is released. The best part, everything you need is in one box even if you do not bother with the expansions or exclusives you can have a great time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turbocooler wrote:
The moderator and Leo in various videos have talked about the use of characters from the exclusive and expansions and have stated that the game remains balanced no matter the combo you picked. On BoW, the discussion came up prior to the live game where during a play test with the BoW team, one person picked almost exclusively monsters and another soldiers and guess what, it was still even play.

This may end up like Infinity. There are no really bad teams and the worst combo can beat the best combo except it will require much more work. I am fine with that. The point system will limit what you can field. If you do not balance your force between offense and defense you can have a hell of a time during play.

I definitely hope you are right, although I find it hard to imagine (as I haven't played Infinity). It would only mean I get even more value for my money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.